Chapter 1 - Two eyes, Two minds, Two- What?!

I pulled the midnight blue mini dress over my new black underwear and tucked the last waist length, wild, rusty brown curl behind my ear. My subtle pink lipstick lay on the shelf by my wardrobe mirror; the last object to be placed in my little black bag before we left. Hannah was perched daintily on the edge of my bed waiting for me to grab the 'borrowed' alcohol from our parents' wine cuboids, and give the shout to leave. I caught her eye in the mirror and we both grinned. This party had been planned for months and everyone was psyched. And when I say everyone, I mean like half of the JFK School that held near to 1000 students. It was the upper two years attending and it was destined to be the best and most interesting social of the year. Last years had been awesome and this was our final year so it would be even better. The guy holding it was also in our year and had a dad in the transport industry so he'd managed to get his hands on an empty stock room that had apparently been all decked up with the latest sound system and lighting. I couldn't wait... And as if reading my mind, my mother blew the horn of the car waiting down in the drive for us to indicate we were late. We rushed down stairs and waved my anxious father goodbye before bundling into mom’s big, spacious estate car.

The night was warm and it was only March, and the sky was still bright as we drove - not fast enough - to the party. My heart pulsed evenly as I propped the secret supply of booze in-between my legs to stop any suspicious rattling.

"Excited girls?" my mom asked.

"Yeh." Hannah and I chirped back in synchronization.

"Okay," she laughed, "just remember no fooling around and I'm going to be there at midnight to pick you up."

"Yeh, mom. Thank you but we don't need the lecture AGAIN."

"Yes Delilah. I worry about you that's all." she replied.

Hannah laughed as I made retching sounds but my mom just sighed in despair. To be fair, I hadn't exactly grown up a goody two shoes but I was not like a crazily pretty and uncontrollable wild child either.

"Okay mom; midnight." I agreed as we pulled up at the warehouse that was, already, thumping a tuneless rhythm at the level of the music. And it was only 7pm.

"Love you mom." I yelled back into the car as me and my beautifully tall, blonde friend scrabbled out and almost skipped to the party entrance. I didn't look back to see my mom’s cringing face because I could sense her worry; and also because there was too much to see ahead of me. The lights twitched and swam around the room endlessly and people danced amongst them. Little groups had already found corners and claimed them as theirs for the night. Of course, our group was the centre of attention and all raving together madly in the middle of the floor. Some one squealed my name and pounced on me when she saw me.

"Tasha!" I laughed.

"Hey, Lila I was so worried you weren't coming." she yelled over the noise.

"Would I do that to you?" I said and held up the vey full bag of alcohol provoking cheers from the majority of my large group of friends.

"Yehy!" Tasha squealed again and left room for everyone else to greet Hannah and myself. Hugs and high-fives were measured out and very soon after, so was the beer and various coloured, sweet smelling spirits.

"The frat guys are here." My gay friend, Stevie pointed out as he hugged me. I followed his gaze and could see they had already hooked up with some of the... Less innocent girls in the year below.

"Steer clear." He winked at me cheekily and flounced off back into my gaggle of hyper friends.

"Cheers Stevie!" I yelled after him and he span and gave me an extravagant thumb up.