Chapter 32 - Bloody drunk

Hey, how is everyone? Good?... good :)

I hope you are enjoying the story! Now, for some good ol' over used high school party time!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I snatched a drink from someones hand, their eyes shut and body sprawled limply across his friends who were drawing across his face with a bright red sharpie. Nice friends!

"Don't stop dancing!" Tasha yelled as I took a swig of beer, almost staggering over backwards as my head spun and feet teetered on my precarious heels. 

"NEVER!" I yelled as the room jumped at all the wrong beats, walls seeming to sway around me, and people shouted in strange, slurred words that I'd never heard before. "How long can you hold your breath Tasha?" I asked, almost falling over again. Why was the floor wonky? "Why is the floor wonky?!"

"The floor isn't wonkyyyy, it must be your shooooes!!" Tasha replied, pointing exaggeratedly down at my feet.

"Fine, but this house needs a health and safety check! Imagine if tit - ha ha tit - if it had a swimming pool! All of the water would escape and run away!" I giggled, my hands moving crazily like fish.

"Does it have a pool?!" A guy joined our conversation, his hair spiked up and a cut on his forehead. Or was it more sharpie?

"Darren!!" I jumped on him, hugging him with all of my strength. "How arrre you?!"

"It's Deon, but you were close..." He laughed, asking again, "Does this place have a pool? Lee, man, you got a swimming pool?"

"Yeah dude. You came around yesterday and came in it!" Lee swaggered up to us, slinging his arm over Tasha's shoulders.

"He came in your pool?!" Tasha gaped, laughing like a maniac as my head swayed and eyes blurred before refocusing yet again.

"No, he swam in it... but I'd let you-" He began but Darren cut him off.

"Lets go SWIMMING!!" He shouted, holding onto Lee and myself to keep himself standing. The floor though seemed to give way and I ended up, somehow, sprawled on the floor beside Darren, laughing hard, my drink smashed into fragments but not hurting... weird?! My head was rolling and my body felt high and tingly... even weirder-er!! Is that even a word?!

"Nice try Darren, good swimming!" I laughed in his face loudly as he struggled to get the two of us on our feet again.

"It's Deon." He grinned, leaning in close before staggering backwards again. Or was that me?

"SWIMMING!" Lee dragged Tasha behind him, disappearing into the crowd as Darren and I followed quickly, my hands using everything and everyone to hold me up.

"Why are we walking on the ceiling!?" I heard Tasha shout from ahead, my hand finding hers to keep us close.

"It's magiccccc!" Lee cried, pushing open a door to let the four of us in, and shutting it behind us to block out the noise. The lights were bright and the large swimming pool full of clear, shining water.

"Are there fish in there?" Darren asked, peering over the side as I leaned for the ladder, steadying myself as I removed my shoes. The hand rail seemed to move though and my hand pushed on through thin air and water splashed up at me. I was, before my brain could understand anything, submerged in the thick chlorinated water and splashing around, the world blurred and my legs kicked me in circles. Somehow my head broke out into the air, the world muffled with water warm. Blurred figures clapped me as I coughed and spluttered, my chest heaving, ready to laugh too. Like a bubble popping, I could hear again, my the world becoming less blurred and my hands clawing out to hold my spinning head above water. Someone splashed in beside me and planted their hands around my waist pulling me in close, whispering in my ear.

"I'll keep you safe!"

"Darren! It's you!" I yelled, wrapping my legs around his waist and resting on his shoulders, my dress pulled tight with the weight of the water. "Long time no see!" I grinned.

"Very true babe, very true!" He answered as my other friends jumped in. Wow, I didn't know I was called babe-

"Help! H-!" Tasha screamed, coughing before vanishing below the water, Lee's hand holding tightly to hers.

"What's going on!?" Two more people burst into the swimming room, running across the floor and diving in to give aid as my heart pounded in my ears, the world slowing to a near stop.

I was lifted from the water, my lungs hot and eyes wide and stinging as we went outside through the glass doors, a loud buzzing filling my ears as Tasha coughed and rolled around, suddenly being sick onto the thick grassy lawn.

"OHMYGOD! Is she going to die?!" I hung onto Darren's arm as people crowded around her.

"No, she's fine. She just slipped under." Darren hugged me, his hands sliding down my back- whoa!

"Good." I pulled away from him, staggering away for breath. I was not okay with that! Drunkenness is not consent buddy!

More people burst out of the living room, laughing and giggling as someone shouted, my ears pricking up at his words. Drunkenness is however, a licence to be stupid and draw all over yourself...

"Call me count Dracula!" a guy yelled as I held my head, racking my brain for answers. The grass was soft under me as Mr Dracula came and sat beside me. He had red sharpie dribbling down his face and his collar stood up behind his head dramatically. "Will you be my vampire bride?!!" He asked loudly, shouting in my ear as my heart sped up, my stomach churning and clenching tightly...

OH NO! Oh, no no no!

"Vampire!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, coughing as I was-

"Eww, she was sick!" Someone shouted, patting me on the back roughly and the world began to blur again and my arms collapsed below me.

"Vampire..." I whispered as everything went dark.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed it. A dramatic ending!! :) xx

Please

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

Lovee Evie xx