Chapter 4 - Day dreamer

I was running but my heart not pounding painfully through my body and my lungs not burning like a wild bush fire. In fact there was nothing… Not a burn, not a sound, not even the inkling of desire leaking from the tiniest pore of my body; nothing at all. My feet just brushed the ground, not quite unsettling the fine woodland growth beneath me. Tall, elegant trees jumped out of the murky light ahead but the vast speed at which they advanced my flying body was not a problem. I felt nothing, but emotionally, everything. It was as musky and confusing as the foggy, unpredictable moonbeam streaked air around me. I seemed to be the only thing living in the silent world but I captured nothing in my body that reflected or echoed the life and love that I was so used to. I looked up while I moved, to see the tops of the trees being enveloped and hidden in mist and fog, their frames ghostly and reeking of death. The freedom that I had first encountered where my heart should have been, tightened, twisting and morphing into blank white fear causing me to slow right down from my unnatural speed to a steady, brittle jog. I felt an unwanted presence around me, like a thousand haunted spirits. But I saw nothing; heard nothing.

Very suddenly I had a horribly unpleasant lurching feeling fall through my stomach and I was ripped from my flesh, somehow painlessly, now an onlooker to the scene I had been in. I could see myself running through the forest but slowing down more and more as I advanced deeper into the blackness. I saw my terrified body whip around in an incomprehensible blur of motion as a noise cracked from somewhere behind. This new ‘me’ looked up into the trees from where the noise had been heard and, on seeing nothing, scanned all around the forest anticlockwise, her body tense and ready. She stopped rotating when she faced me, her body level with me, her face fixed on where I sat on a shallow tree branch. She pulled at her soft brown, red tinged hair, removing its obscurity from over her eyes and so sending a violent wave of shock and disgust over my ridged frame. Her irises stung a luminous red that pierced through everything and clouded my mind with vehement fear. A similar shade of red splattered her pale blue, silky shirt and had begun to dry over her skin tight jeans. Her muscles twitched and she shifted her body weight, looking at me curiously… but she wasn’t looking… she was observing, almost marauding over me, over my sickened body. It was as if she didn’t realise what I was, or who I was at all; just prey. Apart from her eyes, she looked almost exactly identical to me; her clothes were unfamiliar but that was it. It was virtually as if I was staring into a mirror. She was though, wearing a look very different to anything I was used to. She was also much, much quicker than me. She pounced forward and, in one swift, graceful move, was by my side, hands wrapped around my body ferociously. The last thing I saw was two fangs…

Seeing things through her two eyes, I felt just as sick as I had on being attacked… The terror and dispute that dragged through me was not at the blood… but the delicious taste of my own tingling blood!

Someone’s hand that was far, far too warm touched my shoulder and I lashed out, the body, my body, dropping from my grasp. I stood quickly, my desk flying forwards and my chair backwards, slamming hard against the desk behind, that held Hannah.

“Shit!” I gasped, my hands shaking as they clutched thin air and I staggered to stay stood up against the nausea heavy nausea in my head. Mr Barrett, my history teacher stood, looking astounded, beside me; his hand was now drawn back against his body, safe against another anarchic attack from me.

“Delilah… are you okay?” He asked nervously, pushing his thin glasses up his nose.

“No…” I mumbled and ran from the room before I could throw up all over him.

I hung my head over the basin and coughed and spluttered as I really did throw up. I could, despite this though, still taste the rich blood in my mouth and swilled some water, desperate to remove the abysmal taste. But it really wasn’t a horrid taste; I was, it would be fair to say, not at all repulsed by the taste… that is why I was so repulsed though.

“Shit!” I mumbled again, angry, ashamed, and embarrassed. I didn’t understand what had happened… not one bit and it made me shake and shudder again.

“Delilah?” Hannah’s voice asked from behind me. I glanced up into the mirror to see her stood, sheepishly, directly behind where I stood, worry plastered all over her face.

“Are you alright? That was… scary.” She admitted.

“I’m fine.” I lied, “I don’t know what came over me.”

“Okay…” She replied, sounding unsure, but tottered over to me to rub my back reassuringly as I gulped down more cool fresh water.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

I know thats a short chapter but am not really sure where to go with the plot next...

I have more to post after I find a bridge to link the two parts of my story together though! :) Any comments would be greatly welcomed and I'd be delighted to get some ideas and feed back, after all, when I get more ideas I can post more!

Anyhow, in the mean time feel free to check out my other story 'Cut of the moonbeam' and comment on both that and this! xx

will be writing as soon as have inspiration! Thanks,

Lovee Evie xx