Chapter 13 - Unlucky

Thank you very much Effiee-Rose for the lovely new book cover :) I love it!

So, have another dedication and every one:

Vote, fan, comment...

Enjoy and read on! xxx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My day had got no better and as I had been hoping, getting home was not any better. My mom was stressed with her work - she was working with a local man whom was hoping to get one of his horses into the nationals dressage circuit - so she was a joy to be around. My sister had three of her small, loud, annoying friends around so I couldn't concentrate on my homework. It also meant having crap food like little processed chicken nuggets and smiley potato waffles - YUCK! Along side that, my dad was giving me the cold shoulder for my little disappearing stunt yesterday and Hannah would not stop texting to check how I was. I just didn't need reminding about yesterday but somehow, everything did!

Giving up on my homework and physics 'extra credit', I stomped up to my room, angry, tired and confused. Everything that reminded me made me angry and everything reminded me! It was a vicious cycle! I guess I was just unlucky! Ugh, but how long could I stand being unlucky?

Throwing off my shoes and hoodie I slumped down onto my bed, exhausted...

Screaming! I heard an intense, terrified screaming near-by. It was a woman, her voice echoed around me, around the trees... But, I was somewhere I recognized, somewhere dark and musty. I couldn't smell anything, but I could see, hear, and feel everything. I could hear her screams in the background but now my own thoughts and ideas filled my head.

Shit, shit, shit.....My mind was chanting as the puzzle pieces clicked into place. I was in that forest. That forest were I saw me... the other me. I stood in exactly the same place as I had started before... but what was before? What happened before? The trees looked the same - tall and ghostly, and my hands were sweating just as before. The dirt beneath my feet was as soft and spongy but something had shifted.

"Delilah!" The screaming voice sounded, snapping my head around, searching desperately for the source of that voice. But did I really want to see where it was coming from? Did I want to see who, or, what was so terrifying?

"Delilah?" The voice shouted again, quieter, but just as fervent...

Then it just stopped, I was back in my room, my body shaking all over and my side hurting from the solid fall from my bed to my grey carpeted floor.

"Delilah?" My mom called up, "What was that? Are you okay?"

"Fine mom, nothing, I just... tripped over my bag." I lied, looking around me, confused and tense. Did I eve fall asleep? I couldn't remember.

"Mom?" I yelled down stairs, beginning to stand cautiously. "Are you going to the stables tonight?"

"Yes." She replied, her voice louder, her footsteps following that increase. 

"Good, I'm coming too." I said, pleased to see her smiling face glance around my door frame, a nice, yet sudden change from what I had experienced earlier. 

Weird.

It smelled good, I had, despite everything, missed it there. An almost tasty scent of herbs hit my nostrils on stepping from the car and i felt an automatic smile crawling over my lips. We didn't need to drive really but my mom had too much equipment to carry down the lane so we chose to take the jeep over the rough gravel track down to the stables.