Chapter 25

I apologized for that cliff-hanger, I know it was mean... never mind. Back now!! :)

If anyone would like to volunteer some chapter names for the remaining unnamed chapters that would be great, thanks.

Enjoy x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nial... what are you?" I asked, my breath shuddering in my throat. The noise my parents were making outside was just that - a numb white noise, too distant from me to matter.

"Lilah? What's up?" Nial asked in reply, ignoring my question. His voice was full with unmistakable concern. How could a monster love though?

"What are you?" I repeated, louder this time, hands locked down tightly on the phone to keep it steady by my ear.

"What do you mean?" He asked, after a brief pause.

"How do you beat the vampires?! How can you? What makes you so... strong and unbreakable?" My breathing was harsh as I spat out my questions, hating having to ask them. Anger vibrated from my every word, slinging my mouth as they came.

"Lilah... We need to talk in person... I can't explain over the phone." Nial sighed, my eyes seeing him running a hand through his hair-

"I can't really get out now!" I snapped, "You see, after we met up my parents were mad. You and your stupid self kept me out too log and my mom slapped me. I walked out and now I'm back and they're virtually bashing down the bathroom door to get in!" I waited for a responce, my breath calming and leveling out now that all of that was off my chest. My heart still thudded uncontrollably though and my eyes still wanted to cry as that, all too familiar, sense of fear and betrayal continued to bubble inside me alongside the anger that made me shudder and cry.

"Lilah, I'm sorry I really am... should I come around?"

"NO! That would just make it worse, my parents already hate you and they don't even know you exist!" I rushed quickly, my anger at him dispurcing as I looked at my self in the mirror. Laughter peeled from my chest as I realized what a mess I was. Would one more forbidden outing do anymore damage?! Hell no!

"...Lilah?" Nial was asking. I probbly sounded crazy, who was to say I wasn't though?! I mean c'mon, vampires? Only that could exist in a world as crazy as mine!

"Yeah... okay. I'm sorry Nial. I'll meet you on the highstreet at the diner?" I suggested,sobering up and bracing myself for my fathers fierce strength and preparing myself for the possibility that I wouldn't beable to get past my parents. My mom had hit me once, who was to say she wouldn't do it again!

"Sure?" He enquired, voice fraught and stressed but somehow still soft.

"Yeah, positive. We need to talk about this seriously." I reminded myself, nerves skitting in my stomach like butterflies.

"Okay... I'm sorry Lilah. I'll see you soon." He said, waiting for a reply from me.

"Yeah, see you soon... Nial." I replied, sliding my phone shut and scraping my hair back. How the hell was I going to do this?! "Here goes..." I mumbled, sliding the lock on the door and running.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My plan was to make this chapter longer but am away and have a 30 min limit on internet in the 'Little Chef' so only had a chance to write this much. Will keep planning while on the road supporting my dad in his bikeride from Land's End to John O' Groats (bottom to the top of england). We're three days in and he's doing it to raise money for the special care baby unit in Winchester - where I was born - to buy equpiment. If you want to donate and support type in 'Just giving Mike Payne2' in to google :) xx

Thanks for reading and those who've voted,

Lovee Evie xx