Chapter 8

Enjoy:

(Nial'sPOV)

                                                                              *****

"Nial?" She asked, looking directly at me while wiping tears away from her scrunched up, curious face. She was weirdly beautiful and her delicate features captured my imagination. She was small and, unlike how I had seen her before, looked fragile and afraid. Her damp eyes carried many questions, that I knew as well as she did, she was going to want answers for soon enough. I couldn't stop staring though, I knew that once I opened my mouth to tell her things, I may not be able to stop. I saw something in her, something new; something that resembled a blank, unusual understanding. She already knew something, but she wanted to ask me questions about it. I could almost see the cogs of her mind twisting; I could see this by her heavy breathing under her small ribcage and the little wrinkles forming by her squinting eyes.

"Please tell me the truth..." She begged, her pink lips wavering despite how they desperately tried to stay set in a straight, determined frown.

For a second, I didn't know what to say, I just stood there, looking astounded at this girl. She was a real fighter...

"Nial?" Leo asked me, question in his eyes.

I turned back to the girl to answer her questions, she had the right to know.

"I knew you wouldn't believe me if I told you about them..." I sighed, but was cut off just before I could continued.

"I know! but... but I saw them! Vampires!... me..." She cried, her voice shaky and almost inaudible.

"Its okay." I reassured her, "Just calm down... are you sure you want to know?" I asked her; she replied quickly in the form of a small nod, her mouth relaxing into a small, perfectly round 'O' shape.

"It was vampires." I whispered quietly, holding her close in a warm, unusual embrace. I wasn't sure why I was doing this. She didn't really need to know, but I felt like she had to. I wanted her involved in this - my life. But I didn't want her getting hurt by any of them. It didn't look like she had much choice though, after all, that bitch of a leech had decided to latch onto her: that I decided though, not to tell her. We could handle it - me and my team. It was our job after all - hunt, kill, demolish. Hunters. But we'd move on, move around, and be only a temporary plight on people's towns, only invading their lives to hijack any trouble, invisible to the citizens, just another face in the crowd. This crowd though, I would be reluctant to leave... I saw something within them, not just her, but the town, it intrigued me. It was an almost real belief and blank fear of vampires.

"Delilah?" I asked, sure this was her name.

"Yes?" She replied, wiping away the dregs of her tears.

"Don't ask about me okay? Don't tell any one... just trust me..." I said, not really sure what I wanted from her. "Its Cheung..." I mumbled to myself.

"What?" She asked, not noticing how Leo tensed and Shobian took in a short gasp of air. She didn't notice them at all really; that was probaly for the best.

"Don't worry." I covered my tracks, "Trust me?"

"Yes..." She nodded.

She didn't even seem to notice, through her fear and grief, that I was holding company with a vampire myself...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey, so that's a really short chapter but I though I'd answer some questions and add some more mystery! What will happen?

vote, comment and fan!!

Thanks for reading again and supporting!

Lovee Evie xx