Chapter 10

(Nial's POV)

As she sat there by my side, trusting me, somehow still a stranger, I couldn't stop my eyes from straying to her blindfolded face. I prefered to ride my bike but at least in Leo's car I could always smell, hear and see her; that was a gift.

Screwed up! Thats exactly the words for my head... I didn't know her, but I felt like I had to, I didn't want to hurt her, even though I hadn't yet had the chance to help her.

All the other girls were never a problem like this: I moved to the next 'port of call' and forgot about them, I didn't have to return to their desperate tantrums and traumas... they were just a small part of a much bigger chapter. They were just fun!

But now...

Sometimes I hated that solo gene they injected in us... but mostly I loved it; it gave me a power, a slight distant stretch above the rest.

She did not object to my stifeling of her knowlege as I would have done... and it was not as if I was afraid of her knowing where I lived, in fact, it was quite to the contrary. I would be happy for this girl to visit me frequently and... NO! Stop thinking like this, stupid imagination!

It was infuriating; even more so that I was nearing her house as the sat-nav was telling me and I would very soon have to leave her - again!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet another short chapter but never mind, quality not quantity!! ;)

well, keep reading and voting and thanks for your time

Lovee Evie xx