Chapter 9

We're back in Delilah's head and will carry on now... Not sure whats gonna' happen but will use my imagination!!

:) enjoy...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"can you give us a minute?" Nial asked his two companions. They nodded shyly and backed from the room, the male sharing a cautious look with his friend.

"Thanks..." He said and turned back to me, a scared tenderness leaking from his eyes. "I don't know what I should be telling you." He admitted, sighing but not breaking eye contact with me. Of this, I was glad, I needed the support of those eyes, keeping me safe, keeping me secure.

His face scrunched up suddenly, confusion clouding over his gaze and his eye brows furrowing on his forehead. His mouth opened in a small little slit before he spoke.

"Why do you believe me now?" He asked, "Why do you believe in the vampires?"

"Well, for a start I got attacked." I smiled in reply, through left behind tears.

"But why were you out?" He inquired. "Why, when we found you, were you saying you wanted 'his golden eyes'?"

"Oh, well..." mumbled, feeling my face flush pink. "I wanted to see you... I saw things..." I trailed off, not making much sense.

"Carry on." He encouraged, stroking my hair away from my damp face.

"I had a... a kinda' vision..." I sighed, realizing just how crazy I sounded, laughing, I ducked my head, blushing even more.

"I sound crazy!" I giggled, emotions swarming inside of me, not knowing which one to take hold of.

"Yeah..." he replied, "But having a town over run by vampires seems kinda crazy."

"Yeh." I shrugged, "I suppose it does."

"But what was that vision?" he prompted me.

"Oh... Well it was, it was... Just some red eyes and fangs." I lied, not wanting to remember my own hideous appearance as... One of THEM.

 "Okay." he said, trusting me.

 "But, why were you out there? In the area? In the dark?" I asked after a long pause.

"In case you haven't noticed, it's what I do: fight vampires." he grinned, chuckling as my naivety, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "We are vampire hunters, me and my team."

 "Oh..." I nodded, this making sense to me; the first thing in a long while that actually did make sense.

"That's why I panicked when you called me 'hunting guy': I assumed you knew about me and needed to know I could trust you." he admitted, taking a shy step forward

. "Well, how do you know you can trust me now?" I asked, almost wanting to hear him say something wonderfully affectionate and complementary.

 "Because I..." he began, but trailed off, his serious face dropping and breaking off into laughter as he shook himself from his unusual, unrecognisable little trance. "Because if you do tell anyone we have big trouble." he grinned, back to what I was used to - cocky, annoying, charming little ass-hole!

"Yeah?" I said, rolling my eyes before remembering just how shit I must look and rushing to wipe my face, make-up coming off on my hands with ease.

 "Shit, I should have worn water proof." I mumbled, provoking laughter from Nial's chest.

 "C'mon, I'll take you home." he said, flinging me my torn, bloodied jacket and making his way out of the room.

"Shut your eyes." he ordered.

 "What?" I asked, slightly flabbergasted as he stood by the shut door, ordering me around like a pet dog.

 "Shut your eyes." he repeated, "I can't be having you know where I live now can I? Not after your little efforts to stalk me." he smiled, lowering his voice to a loud whisper for the last part of that jeering reply.

"Fine." I snapped, allowing my eyes to fall shut and frequently be covered with a soft pair of hands; keeping them shut for majority of the journey back to the car. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another short chapter - which I must apologize for but never the less, I hope you enjoyed!

Please please continue to read, vote and even fan :)

Lovee Evie xx