Chapter 21 - Temper, temper!

Still not too sure what's going to happen but I have a rough plan now and I have little stories to follow up - within the story - to keep us occupied :) x

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to meet up, celebrate my release?" Nial asked over the phone, his voice as sexy as ever, sending little shivers down my spine; just the thought of his electrifying kiss made me quiver.

"Nial, you weren't in prison! You were stuck in hospital for what, one and a half days?!" I laughed in reply, hands wrapped tightly around the phone to stop it from shaking in anticipation, just like the rest of my body.

"Yeah, so what do you think? Wanna' go out for a walk?" He chuckled, laughing with me.

"Sure, sounds good." I accepted gladly, beaming.

"Great, I'll text you in a bit."

"See you."

"Yeah see you soon... Lilah." He answered slowly before, after a pause, the line went dead. I smiled at my reflection, not having stopped grinning since that kiss.

Even after a week my heart hadn't stopped hammering, I felt as if it would expire! I hadn't expected that from Nial, I mean, there had always been the sideways glances and the exquisite looks, but that... well, it had been out of the blue. We'd hung out and talked almost every day for a while, and then there was the evening when he got angry and nearly kissed me, but I hadn't expected it. I hadn't wanted to get my hopes up i suppose, not wanting to be disappointed.

I touched my lips cautiously. running my fingers over them gently to make sure they were still the same, Nial's kiss having made them feel so different. I didn't look different though, I knew that, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss...

I had almost totally forgotten about the vampires prowling our town.

Those creatures though, still haunted my daydreams, sending my feral images and ideas, reeking havoc in my mind. This somehow, didn't scare me away though, it didn't make me fear the vampires any more. It just made me more curious, this avid sense of curiosity not quite over ruling my sense of self preservation. Nial would, I hoped, save me from them. This thought snapped my from my daydreams, my eyes watering as they came back into focus, my mouth tingling gently.

My hand brushed over my lips consciously, checking they were still the same, them feeling, somehow, different. They looked no different though. I looked no different. My body hadn't changed. I flicked my auburn waves over my shoulder, those locks ending just above my waist, thick and shiny, if slightly matted. My eyes followed my hair down to my clothes. I glared at them, my shorts way too small now and the top an over sized baggy cotton thing - probably one of Stevie's old shirts that he'd left at mine long ago. It was mine now! Getting dressed had been too much effort, my body and mind unable to concentrate on anything other than Nial. Even at 1 in the afternoon I was reluctant to change from my comfy pyjamas! The towering pile of home work on my desk though seemed to think differently and I groaned, sitting down to begin it, knowing that, if by Monday I hadn't finished it, I'd have hell to pay.

My hand ached, the essays, exercises and questions almost totally finished when my mom called up to my room. "Dee, have you had any lunch?" She yelled up. My stomach rumbled as if to demand food, just reminding me that, indeed, I hadn't yet eaten.

"No, not yet! Give me ten minutes and I'll be down!" I yelled back, dragging my towel up off of the ground and towards the bathroom. Mom, it would be fair to say, would be a little p***ed off if she knew that I'd been in my dirty pyjamas all day.