Chapter 35 - Bloody Feathers

Hi-low!! A little high, a little low!! Ha ha

xx ENJOY AND VOTE!! PLEASE ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shocking my warm skin, Nial plonked a large spoonful of ice-cream right on the end of my nose, laughing like it was the best thing ever. I screamed and pushed myself away from the table, almost falling off of my chair in the process and causing the creamy chocolate dessert to land right down my cleavage. This caused Nial to laugh even louder until almost everyone in the restaurant were staring at us like we each had an extra head.

"Your face!" He laughed, pushing his shaggy hair from his face, eyes lit up with laughter.

"That's so not funny." I scowled at him, shoving a napkin down my top as elegantly as I could manage.

"It's hilarious." He countered, still laughing to himself.

"Not that hilarious. What are you, three? You behave worse than my sister!"

"I bet your sister wouldn't lick it out!!" He winked at me, poking out his tongue.

"You're sick, Nial!" I scolded, throwing my first napkin at him and starting with another.

"But you love it."

"Whatever." I brushed him off. Figuring I'd got as clean as I could without showing the whole restaurant my chest, I gave up cleaning myself, dropping the napkin on my used plate and turning to face Nial again, scowling his way.

"You look cute grumpy." He grinned, giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Nial, that disgusting face isn't going to make me forgive you. It'll take more than that."

"Really?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, nudging me under the table.

"I didn't mean it like that-!" I began to object, but Nial raised his hands to silence me mockingly.

"I'm sorry sex in a restaurant is illegal, Lilah! I know I'm good but you can't have me all the time!" His voice was getting louder and louder, more people back to watching us as if we were crazy. "And no, I'm not doing it in the bathroom with you! You'll have to wait."

"I hate you!" I hissed, ducking behind the menu with flaming pink cheeks.

"What was that? You love me?!" He nearly yelled. I kicked him hard below the table, making his squeal like a little girl.

"Nial, shut up you idiot!!"

"Fine." He lowed his voice, pulling my menu away so I had to look him in the eye. "You're no fun."

"And you're an idiot." I flushed again.

"Aw, look at you blushing." He cooed, batting his eyes at me.

"Idiot." I narrowed my eye, shaking my hair in front of my face.

"Wow, you have such a wide vocabulary." He noted sarcastically, grinning at me.

"When you smile like that, you look like a psychopath."

"Thank you." He nodded his head, mocking those men in old English movies.

"That's my pleasure. Now get the bill." It was my turn to grin. "I didn't bring any money so looks like you're paying. Oops."

"Brilliant."

***

"I had fun. Thanks." I smiled across at Nial as we pulled up at the end of my road.

"Yeah? Good. It would have been better if there were a few vampires involved though..." He added with complete sarcasm.