Chapter 39 - Turned 180 degrees

Hi - cliffhanger's are mean so here's a super fast update to relieve the tension...

But first I have the description of the first of the 'My Messy Life' series - 'Hit Me Quick!'

"Tessa, being a fesity, independant woman, is not someone you can tie down. Nore is her fiance, Matt. But is he serious? And how, in a pretty much open relationship, can you distinguish between lies and love? Little does Tessa know however, that, once she goes searching for answers, much more than the truth will be uncovered..."

You can find this on my home page so please check it out if you think it sounds good :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap:

I sensed somebody near us but just didn't want to pull away and had to stay for that last kiss Nial gave me. That someone coughed weakly from behind me and both Nial and I jumped, scrambling in opposite directions. Judging by the look on my parents' faces, my hands were far too high up Nial's legs for my mother’s comfort, and Nial's hands were far too far down my back for my father’s. Both of them looked a little more than disappointed. My father’s face was slowly turning a deeper and deeper shade of red and that small vein in his neck was rising up under the skin and was looking way too close to popping.

***

"Maybe you should go." I whispered to Nial.

"Are you sure? I can-"

"No. He's staying." Dad said, taking a large breath for the first time in that long, awkward moment and in doing so interrupting my boy.

"Sit down." He rumbled, his voice only just bordering onto control.

Both Nial and I sat back down obediently.

"Who is this Delilah?" My dad asked, his eyes boring down on top of me.

"Nial." I answered, not wanting to do anything else wrong. My dad, Graham, could be terrifying when he wanted to be.

"Nial?"

"I'm Nial Pain, sir." Nial stood and put his hand out as a peace offering. My father didn't accept. Mom did though. She shook his strong hand and indicated subtly to sit back down unless he wanted to die.

"It’s nice to meet you." He said quietly.

Dad ignored him and addressed me again. "I assume he goes to your school."

"Urm... No. Not exactly." I stammered.

My father looked at Nial now, searching for an answer. "So?" he asked.

"I work at the-" he started but was cut off.

"You work! He works Tess! An adult!" my dad growled.

"Dad, please-"

"Shut it!" my dad snapped, "How has this happened?" He asked himself more than anyone else.

"He's only 22, dad, there's not much difference between us."

"22, Delilah! Exactly! There may not be much difference in age but you two are in a completely separate class. He is a grown adult, dependant on nobody. You are 17 and live at home, still a child!" his face was turning an ugly shade of purple following the red it had been before.

"Dad, I'm almost an adult! You need to let me grow up." I answered timidly.

"You will grow up just as soon as you no longer live under this roof. Up until then you are a child in my eyes." he yelled.