Everyone has a different path

Laying in bed with my mind racing with a thousand thoughts, such as how to convince Aragorn to take up the throne of Gondor, not having a chance to speak to him privately because after the council meeting he walked off probably to prepare for the journey. 

 Knowing that he is the rightful heir to Gondor even though he seems uninterested in his fate, having the responsibility of ruling a kingdom resting on his shoulders. As the heir to the throne, he was the person who would unite the world of me and a part of me knew that his part in this journey was too big the same as mine and somehow our lives somehow meet. While Strider has shown me that he cares but Aragorn is destined to be King, to live a life of royalty while a Queen by his side and if the tale points in the right way that Queen might be me. 

 When Thorin, Fili and Kili passed away, I was offered to live in Erebor by Dain to work as his royal hand but it was a position I knew that I could never take. 

In this world the thing I fear most is losing the people I care about, unfortunately my experience of love in the past have left with nobody, the situation feeling familiar in a way that I know would cause me pain, almost everyone I have ever cared for has died and as the years that have past made sure that I never go too close to anyone, knowing that if I distanced myself, I wouldn't get hurt and neither would they. 

 But feelings don't go away that quick and I don't think mine will be forgotten. 

Getting up from my bed to take a long bath, savouring the felling of the warm water as it soothed my muscles, knowing that this would be the last time I was going to properly bathe for quite a while. Changing in too a off-shoulder white dress, bare feet and keeping my hair down in waves before walking into the gardens for a moment of peace only to see Aragorn standing over a small bridge, his head knelt down with his hands on the railing. Walking over to him and stood next to him, looking at the small river that flowed under the bridge with a sense of serenity, noticing my presence Aragorn looked at me and smiled, connecting his hands in front of him as he leaned forward slightly. 

"Good morning Elanor" he said quietly, his smirk playing on his face as though he had done something mischievous, letting out a light laugh, stepping back to do a small curtsy. 

"Good morning, my Lord" I said mockingly, watching as his face dropped, his eyes looking down one more into the running water, the feeling of quilt washing over me. 

"That title is behind me" letting out a huffed laugh, looking at the man with kind eyes as I lean on the railing. 

"You are the rightful King of Gondor, you may not want to face it but nothing can change that" I told him with a reassuring voice. 

"It runs in my blood, but that does not mean I am fit to lead the men of Minas Tirith" I listened to his voice and it was only then did I realised how tired his voice sounded, wondering if he got any sleep last night but then he has many troubles wondering through his mind. 

"Royalty runs in my blood as well, I'm I fit to lead Alqualondë despite no living there" I say looking at him.

"Elessar" I said kindly turning my body to face the man as I looked at him seriously, his eyes slowly moving up to me with the mention of the name I have gotten to know him by "if we are this war, the men are going to need you, they need a leader and strength in the White city as it needs to be restored, you are wise beyond your age, you will be needed in these dark times, it is one of many things you have to accept, only you can help win this war".

 "I walked away from that fate a long time ago, Elanor" he said quietly, his attention moving towards the water as he let out a sign, the pair of us standing straight "the city of Gondor will never accept a Northerner as King until that person makes their claim, like my ancestors had failed to do, they had the strength of an entire bloodline behind them before perished, I am the last of my Kin. I have the respect of my people in the North but in the White city, I'm a foreign man and I don't plan on jumping back into the life I deserted" I smiled sadly at his words, touching the man's shoulder gently as he looked up into my eyes. 

"You can't walk away from fate, no matter how hard you try, it seems to follow you no matter what, I'm always reminded by my family's past and not matter how many times I try to shake it off I get reminded again" with my words Aragorn looked at me with a sad smile, his eyes staring into mine with focus as his mouth opened gently with his breaths.

"I remember seeing your eyes for the first time down by the waterfall" he said quietly, my eyes dropping down to the waters as I felt the blush covering my cheeks, the man moved his hand up to my chin and moving me to face him, his eyes scanning mine "because one glance of those blue eyes told of a lifetime of struggles that have never been put into words" he muttered, his hand on my chin moving up as he lightly ran his fingers along cheek, his touch sending shivers through my body as I watched his eye drop down, the man appeared to let out a small sigh before he once more looked up, his gaze settling on mine as I felt the distance between the pair of us begin to lessen.

The closer I got, the more I felt my breath quicken, everything but the sound of his breathing disappearing from my senses, his hands moved down slowly to my neck as his thumb ran small lines across my jawbone as he etched even closer, I noticed his eyes more than what I ever had before, when I looked into them at first glance, I would see nothing but strain and a sense of worry but if I looked deeper, I would see a young man full of life. 

Our noses touched and that was when I was brought back to reality, pulling away from the man and looked away, taking in a deep troubled breath as I saw Aragorn look at me with a confused expression, his actions has shown me that he cared and that what scared you the most, taking another deep breath before moving back and looking at the man with sorrow eyes. 

"One day, once the ring is destroyed, you will take up the throne of Gondor and restore glory upon the world of men, you will live to old age in peace knowing that your child will rule and a queen whom you will love dearly" he looked at me when I said this and placed his hand in mine, a faint smile upon his lips, I smiled. 

"Elanor" he whispered, shaking his head gently as he stilled had a hold on my hand " you tell me not hide away, yet you do the same to me" 

"We both know my fate rest in our hands" I stated almost sadly, beginning to walk backwards as I looked to the man with a sad smile "the right decision needs to be made, I'm important in this war but not a important as you are but everyone I care about leaves in one way or another mostly in death," I turned away and walked towards the courts, hearing Aragorn sigh harshly as he leant back over the edge of the bridge, leaving a heavy weight resting in my heart.