The expected Journey

As the morning began to turn into noon, I passed through Rivendell to say my goodbyes to Arwen, Gloin and Bilbo, the hobbit asking me to take care of his nephew, despite being kept out of what the Fellowship was doing, he also handed me a gift which I was not allowed to open until I'm on my journey. 

Making sure my sword was tight on my waist as I walked to the gates of Rivendell, where the leaving party has become arranged as I walked over to the group, seeing everyone beside Aragorn, seeing Lord Elrond beckoning me over with a smile at me gently as I walked over only to be pulled into hug, the act surprising me. 

"Good luck Elanor, may the journey that you are about to partake be a safe one" I hugged Lord Elrond gently as he whispered in my ear "you're part in this journey is important but that you already know, keep true to yourself and you will succeed" I looking at Lord Elrond with a smile as he sent one back, without another word he simply motioned for me to join the others.

As soon as I stood next to Legolas whilst adjusting the pocket that has Sebastian, the elf nudge me playfully, causing me to grin at him, after a few moments my eyes meet Aragorn's figure as he came out of the gardens and joined the group, his cloak on and his hand on his sword, he looked at me for a brief second with a small smile on his face which I returned before he turned towards the Elf lord with linked hands. 

"The ringbearer is setting out on a quest to Mount Doom" Lord Elrond announced, the many elves of Rivendell standing behind him looking at us with faint smiles that showed a tint of pity. Moving to stand behind Frodo to place my hand on his shoulder reassuringly, noticing how he was unable to stay still "and you who travel with him, no oath nor bond is laid to go any further than you will, farewell" we all nodded in thanks, taking look around Rivendell and the mountains around as Lord Elrond said his final words "hold to your purpose and may the blessing of the elves, men and free folk go with you".

"The fellowship awaits the ringbearer" Gandalf announced, looking to Frodo with a faint smile, the hobbit looked up into the sky for a brief moment before he leads us out of the gate to begin the journey, the second I step foot outside of Rivendell I look back one last time as I know it will be the last time I will ever see Rivendell. 

"Mordor Elanor, is it left or right?" Frodo whispered to me with nervousness in his voice, smiling lightly and ruffing his hair, looking to the horizon. 

"Left"

We passed mountains, paths and ancient ruins, for almost a week we travelled with unexpected ease, the hobbits were getting better at trudging through the rough terrain and Gimli and Legolas have agreed on equality as the pair no longer bickering ...

We passed mountains, paths and ancient ruins, for almost a week we travelled with unexpected ease, the hobbits were getting better at trudging through the rough terrain and Gimli and Legolas have agreed on equality as the pair no longer bickering like they did in the council. 

I've barely talked to Aragorn since we left Rivendell, I'm not entirely sure whether my words had hurt his pride or feelings but he still smiled at me.

We come to the stone paths and decided to settle for a moment rest and  it gives Sebastian time to wonder but he won't go far, while Gandalf, Legolas and Gimli sat watching the sat and deciding our next move, Sam cooked the food as the rest of us watched Merry and Pippin training with Boromir, moving to stand on the rocks above them as their swords moved back on forth.