How About Side By Side

"Pull back!" Aragorn called, looking at Mordor's army with my eyes "pull back!"

Riding quickly back to the small army mixed with the few men of Gondor and Rohan, who were fit enough to fight. 

"Hold your ground!" Aragorn called out, beginning to ride out in front of the men back and forth "hold your ground!" The men straightening up, ready to listen to the King of Gondor. 

"Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers" Aragorn called them, his voice soft yet loud as he spoke "I see it in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me!" I held on to Aragorn's waist tighter, watching the men as they listened to the King with pride "a day may come when the courage of men fail, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day!" He stated firmly, shaking his head as he continued to ride back and forth "an hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight!" The men suddenly had hope light up in their eyes, they were ready to die for the good in this earth, they were ready to fight to fight! By all that you hold dear on this earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!"

Aragorn and I unsheathed our own swords, the soldiers following in suit as we turned towards the army of orcs, ready to fight. 

Climbing down from the horse, Aragorn following as the horses run away from the battle. Moving to stand next to Merry and Pippin with the others coming to join, taking a deep breath as I twirled my sword in my hands slowly, watching as the orcs began to circle around our own army. Merry and Pippin both let out a shaky breath as they too unsheathed their swords, smiling lightly and bending down to talk to the young hobbits.

"Don't be scared" I said quickly, feeling my own uneasiness rise in my chest, "remember why we are doing this, for Frodo and Sam, to give them time and then it will be all over" I smiled warmly, placing a kiss on each of their heads "stay strong, little ones" Merry and Pippin let out one last shaky breath before standing up straight, swords at ready as they looked straight forward on to the upcoming enemy, with fierce looks in their eyes. 

"Elanor" Aragorn said quietly, moving his hand down towards mine and taking hold of it as he looked towards the army, turning to the man and moving a small piece of hair that was blocking my view.

"Gobennas na-ú-made bui tuin who did nothing" looking at the ranger, smiling lightly while trying to retain myself, but in my heart the fear of failing and not giving Frodo and Sam enough time was too strong. Wrapping my arms around Aragorn's neck and kissed him quickly yet deeply, laying my forehead against his for a few moments while at the same time inhaling a small breath. [history is not made by those who did nothing]

"I love you" I whispered. 

"I love you too" he whispered back. 

"Never thought I'd die standing side by side with an elf" the gruff voice of Gimli stated, causing me to pull away from Aragorn and look at the dwarf and elf. 

 "What about side by side with a friend?" Legolas suggested, looking down at the dwarf with a small smile. 

At first, Gimli seemed shocked but within an instant, a warm smile came upon the dwarfs' lips "aye! I could do that" turning to Gandalf, a smile on his face as he looked at me with caring eyes, sending him a small smile back and moving to stand next to the wizard. 

"Thank you for everything Olórin" I said quietly into the Maiar ear as I hugged him. We all knew that we were outnumbered and the chance of survival was slim but as long as Frodo and Sam had a chance then it would be all worth it, but it was saying goodbye that was the hardest bit. 

"I'm glad to had the privilege to be your friend Elanor of  Alqualondë" Gandalf whispered, hugging me slightly tighter. 

"You have been more than a friend, Olórin" I stated, pulling away from the wizard and smiling lightly "you know that" Gandalf nodded, a small tear forming in his eyes before I moved to the side of him.

The sound of roars from the orcs filled the air, we had been surrounded by the enemy and the hope of victory was grim.

Suddenly, Aragorn took a step forward, his face planted upon Sauron's tower, we all watched nervously looking at the King with worried eyes and just when I was about to call his name, he turned around with his sword dropped to his side, his eyes were watery and it looked as though he had lost all hope, he looked to Gandalf and suddenly a small smile appeared on his lips before speaking. 

"For Frodo"

With that he raised his sword up again before running towards the oncoming army. 

"And Sam"

I yelled before following him, hearing a pair of shouts come from behind me, telling me that two small, young hobbits have ran out to face a thousand orc army before full grown men, if I could, I would be on the floor laughing, catching up to Aragorn in time to crash into the orcs, engulfing into a fierce battle.