Dark places

We moved quickly through the mines and as we went all I could think about it the story Balin told me and Bilbo on our first stop, the death of King Thror by Azog , the madness of Thrain and the battle won by a young Thorin dwarf prince, I can't help but smile at the memory as Balin's words ran through my head.

"There is one I could follow, there is one I could call king".

"Your mind is somewhere else" Legolas voice, breaking my memory, turning to look at him as he walked beside me, giving him a small smile. 

"You're right," I admitted "go back 60 years ago" Legolas slowly nodded while casting a look back at Aragorn who was at the back of the group. 

 "Have you thought nothing of where your heart lies?" Came the elf's question. 

"We all know where my heart lies" I muttered as we continue to walk until coming to the steep steps, helping Merry and Pippin up along the way  before taking to the steps myself, but only after a few more steps I slipped and fell onto the cold steps and hearing a small crack which brought tears to my eyes but I stood up quickly and gently resting a hand against my side as I continue to climb, letting the pain seep through me, sharp breaths left my mouth for a moment as I moved to stand with the halfling as Gandalf stopped in front of the three pathways, seeing Gandalf moving his head back and forth between the three ways "Gandalf?" I asked, making the wizard sigh. 

 "I have no memory of this place" letting out a breath as I looked around the giant, dark and rumble hall, at one point this place would have been lit with light and the chatter of it's people but now it be memory for this place, moving to sit on the giant rock but with every step my side caused me more pain to run through my body. 

 "Are we lost?" Pipping whispered making a smirk form on my lips as Merry sent him a look. 

"No". 

"I think we are" the hobbit stated causing Merry to roll his eyes as he motioned to the wizard. 

"Gandalf's thinking" Merry replied leaving Pippin to look at the wizard for a short second as he slowly nodded, I watched with a small smile as the hobbits contemplated something before speaking. 

"Merry?" Pippin asked, which caused Merry to sigh. 

"What" Merry snapped, causing a small smirk to form in to a bright smile. 

"I'm hungry" I bit back a laugh at Pippins response before digging into my pack and tossing the hobbit an apple, causing him to look at me unsure of what to do before taking a small bit, I watched him eat for a moment before the padding of small footsteps came to my sensitive ears, slowly standing up, watching the darkness before I saw the golden eyes staring at us. 

"Aragorn" I whispered as I moved to kneel behind him and Boromir, the ranger slowly nodded peaking back at me, the heat from his body coming of him like he was consumed by fire, my chest was pressed gently into his back making all emotions fly in my body which is probably sending us both into the flame of need. 

  "I see him". 

"I hoped he would have stay in the caves of the Misty Mountains, it's going to be harder to keep an eye on him" 

"Oh, it's that way!" Gandalf's voice pulled us from the creature down below. 

"He remembered" Merry smiled as the group started to stand, I let a sharp breath as my rid creaked causing me to stumble but was caught by Aragorn wrapping him arms around my waist which caused pain to shoot up my body and me to whimper, Aragorn pushed me straight up gently as he looked at me with concern "I'm fine" I tell him but my eyes betrayed me as they filled with pain, I moved away from him and slowly walked along side Merry and Pippin as the wizard smile down at them.