Promises

From the land of dreams to the land that needs them. From asleep to awake in one heartbeat, I saw that I was back in Helms Deep, resting on a makeshift bed in the halls of the King, looking around spotting Aragorn, Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, Eomer, Eowyn and Théoden all huddled in the corner, discussing something quietly, I watched as Aragorn bowed his head in sorrow, raising his fingers to the bridge of his nose and pinching it gently.

"I'm sorry Aragorn" Eowyn said gently as she laid her hand upon the rangers arm in comforting gesture, Aragorn let out a shaky huff as he turned towards the wall, taking in a deep breath as moving away from the others, I tried to get up quietly only to let out a painful cry, causing everyone to look  at me slightly startled.

Suddenly, a large smile played across Aragorn's face as he sprinted to my side, kneeling down and pulling my into a gentle hug, returning the hug with what little strength I had until he pulled away, gentle holding my hands whilst looking down at them, it was silent for awhile until Aragorn spoke.

"They said you may not make it" he said quietly, squeezing my hand as he said so "your breathing was so slow, your heartbeat so weak and you lost so much blood" Aragorn trailed off as he shut his eyes, taking a deep breath "the last thing I would have said to you would have been something full of hatred".

"We both know that I would have never backed down from the fight but you had every right to be angry, I promised you that I would be fine and I broke it" I said weakly, lifting up my hand and placing it on the mans cheek gently, I was aware of why he is angry and I didn't want him to feel bad "I should have just went down into the caves".

"I'm still mad" he said quickly and quietly, yet a small smile played on his lips "but I will forgive you, as you said I should have know better then to deny you the right to fight, you have been through too much to stand back and watch people die" a small smile grew on my lips as I nodded my head slowly, I pulled Aragorn weakly into a hug, resting my head upon his shoulder as I breathed in his scent gently, ignoring the pain and squeezing him tighter.

"Thank you for understanding" I whispered as I shuffled up and sat upright as I did so, I felt my side strain, causing me to let out a small groan at the feeling of ripping.

"Careful" Aragorn said quickly as he pulled away and stared into my eyes "we stitched up the wound, you will have to be careful for a while, otherwise you may reopen it, you were very lucky".

Glancing down to my side, only noticing that I had a bandage covering my entire stomach as my shirt is bunched up underneath my boobs looking down and on my side I could see dried blood on the bandage, letting around to see everyone else has left the halls.

"Another battle scar" I said quietly as I ran my hand over the one on the other side, one that I got from the days of reclaiming Erebor and then down to the soon to be scar on my waist, scars weren't a problem as they simply mean that I have been through something and it had left behind a memory, Aragorn looked at me strangely as he reached down and held on to my hand, gently squeezing it.

"How did you end up separated from us?" Aragorn asked after a few moments, having a look on his face that something is bothering him.

"At first we were fighting side by side but after the wall was blown up I looked to see you, Gimli and Legolas on the ground, Haldir and I got surrounded" I said, making it seem like I had no interest in the event, watching as his face relaxed slightly.

The two of us sat in silence for a few moments, listening to the distant sound of talking.

"I'm sorry about Haldir" Aragorn said, after a short while, looking down to the ground as I felt the tears beginning to form once more, I had forgotten about the elfs death and the memory of his tear filled eyes, caused my heart to break.