Chapter 47

EMILY

His body lays there, almost lifeless looking.
It was only a little while ago I woke up on Brad's chest, feeling quite bad.
He's been kicked in the ribs, and hit in the head twice and I still layed on him and I still can't believe it. I'd never expect Tris to be so violent, so cruel and so mean.
If you were to walk down the street and see the tall, pale blonde expect him to be so friendly and sweet but last night he proved to me that he's a coward and runs away from his problems.

"Emily?" Bradley's gruff voice speaks. I didn't notice his awakening, too caught up in my thoughts.

"Yeah babe?" I reply. I lean against the bedroom door frame, looking in my arms crossed over my chest.

"Can you get Connor and James, please?" I nod, walking into the bedroom across the hallway.

"Con?" I whisper, the room pitch black.

"Yeah?" He mumbles.

"Brad is asking for you." He stands from his bed.

"Thanks Em" i curtly nod, walking towards James' bedroom next to Connor's.

The bedroom light shines, James sits there on his bed, back against the head board.

"Hey Em" he smiles, noticing my presence.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I ask, walking in.

"Playing Candy Crush. This level is hard" He sighs, flicking the screen back and forth, up and down. I laugh.

"Okay, well Brad wants you" He looks up at me.

"Is he okay?" He wonders. I nod, then shake my head. James stands up, coming to my aid.

"He isn't, he's sore and he's broken. He's in pain, so much pain" I'm brought into James' arms.

"He'll be okay, Em. He'll start healing very soon" I pull from away James. Somehow, I don't believe him.

"Brad, he's waiting" I remind him, moving away from the door so he can leave. Without another word, James is gone and down the hallway.
I follow behind, standing next to Brad's door, leaning against the wall.

"Nope, no, nada" Connor walks out, speed walking straight back into his own room. Confused, I look in; James standing by the bed.

"I'm not going to help change you, Brad!" James visibly shakes.

"I just need help into the shower and ya know, taking my clothes off and on. It's not that complicated" Brad rolls his eyes.

"I'm not taking any chances Bradley Will Simpson!" James laughs walking towards me, I swing back against the wall, trying not to make it as if I was eavesdropping even if I was.
He turns to me, winking.

"Good luck" He smirks, patting my shoulder before walking downstairs.

"Em?" The voice that sends me to my knees whispers, just loud enough for me to hear.
Taking a deep breath, I walk back in. The lamp is the only source of light in the room at the moment.

"Yes, Brad?"

"I need help getting up, please?" I nod my head. I throw off the covers, reaching out for his hands. He gives them to me.

Using all my force, I bring Brad up to his feet. When a hiss of pain falls from his lips I let go, scared. I hurt him even more. Before I know it, Brad falls into me. Surprised I wrap my arms around his waist.

"Sorry, I haven't walked in like" He stops to think.

"19 hours" I giggle, using one hand to brush away the hairs going into his eyes.
Brad builds up the strength in his legs, standing by himself, our bodies very close, he places his hands on my waist for a support system. He can't lift his arms higher then his ribs.