Chapter 12

Brad's P.O.V

Earlier when James told me not to hurt Emily's feelings and then giving me the envelope, that was really strange. I was thinking about giving it to her just when we order our dinner.
I'm sure James wouldn't of put anything bad on the note to ruin tonight, he isn't like that.

I was stopped in my trail of thoughts when the waiter comes and asks us what we were going to have. The whole time he was reading the specials, he wouldn't take his eyes off Emily. Seriously, I'm here too, you know?

"Well, I'll have the carbonara with sausages and Emily what would you like?" I say smiling at her and then to the waiter who was staring at me as if he never saw me there; which he did.

"Spaghetti?" she asked hopeful.

"Of course, spaghetti." I nod.

"Do you mind sir, could we please have some privacy?" I ask him. He continues to stare at me in disappointment, not moving until I wave and nod.

"So now we're alone, I wanted to give you something." I say to her, handing over the white paper.

"Thank you." she says taking it in her hand and finely placing her finger on the flap.

"Do you mind?" She asks, wondering if she could open it and read it not making me upset.

"No of course, you can definitely do so, Em."

Emily's P.O.V

As Brad hands me the note and tells me I can read it, I finely put my finger on the flap.

Dear Emily,

I know that you like Brad, a lot but i just want to know, do you love him? He is my best mate and if anything goes wrong with you guys I'll be there supporting you because... Emily, I have feelings for you and I just wanted to know of you have to same for me? Let me know when you get back tonight. If you don't just tell me and we can still be friends. :( :*

Don't let Brad know, I'm going to tell him myself... Talk later, James :) xxx

My heart stops and my breathing becomes hard to control. No, I can't lie to Brad.
I need to tell him what James said, I will also tell him that I have no feelings at all for James.

Well this is going to be easy. I'll just message James that I am telling him.

"May i be excused, i need to use the bathroom?" I ask Brad with a smile on my face.

"Of course." He says, reassuring me I can be excused to the rest room.

-It's James McVey :)

Hey James, I just read your letter, I can't lie. I'm going to tell Brad what you said, don't worry about him getting mad, he will be fine. -Emily :)

He answered back in a matter of seconds and said:

-It's Emily Greene :)

No, Emily don't... But tell me now Em... Do you like me the way i like you? Do we have a chance? Don't tell him.
-James :(

I answer him back for the last time and switch my phone off before anything from him can be said to change my mind.

-It's James McVey :)

No, no I don't James. I like Brad the way you like me and nothing can change my mind.
He understands me better then anyone else has in a very long time.
-Emily >:(

I walk out of the bathroom and offer Brad a smile and he smiles back.

"Are you okay now?" he asks.

"Well actually Brad... The note." I say, not even regretting it a little bit.

"What about it, Em?" he asks. I hand him the letter and he reads it. His face turns stone cold, hard as rock.

"Tell me Emily... Do you feel the same way?" he asks not as happy now.
I give him my phone and he reads it.

"Brad, I  wouldn't like your best friend, not in a million years because... I think love you." I say, regretting my decision of words that just out my mouth.

"Shit! I didn't mean to say that, I'm sorry." I cringe, sighing in pain. He gets up and starts walking towards the restaurant door. I stand up after him, feeling my face becoming soaked with tears as I look at my feet in regret.

Brad's P.O.V

After Emily telling me that she loved me then, i was shocked. Even though i was thinking the same thing. I jump up slowly and walk over to to the restaurant door, stopping.

I turn around to see Emily standing next to the table, crying. My mind quickly processes what Emily had just said. She loves me, I love her... This is the perfect time to ask.

Once I finish thinking in the trail of my thoughts, I notice Emily still crying and staring at her feet. I run past people now walking out the door, back to the reserved tables and pull her into my arms, holding her head against my chest as she cries.
Slowly, I let go, wiping her tear stained cheeks.

"I love you as well... Will you be my girl friend?"

She looks at me and and the biggest smile approaches her face. She chuckles, shaking her head. After a few seconds, she nods. She links her arms around my neck as I cup her face with my hands, still wiping away the tears.

"Okay," She whispers. I don't waste any time to lean in closer and attach my lips with hers.