Chapter 6

Brad's P.O.V

At the final stop, we all jump off the train and map out where the park is.
Emily's hand stills rests in mine as we look around. Her small hands soft and delicate, fitting perfectly within mine.
I'm happy that the boys haven't asked about why we're holding hands, it's better if they work it out themselves and I guess, that's what they've done.

When the park comes into view, James, Connor and Emily run to the swings and start swinging like little children, James pushing Em as she flies in the air.

Tris and I sit on the grass, watching. "So, I guess you talked to her?" Tris asks, nudging me with his shoulder. He was an considerably taller then me, as is James. Connor and I are the little munchkins of the group.

"Yeah, I did." I grin, looking up at him. He doesn't look down at me at first, still watching the other three.

"She's different." Tristan realises, for me he states the obvious.

"Don't you think?" He asks, looking down at me.

"Yes, very." I nod, remembering how she didn't go crazy when she met me or jump at the chance to have a drink with me. She takes her time, goes by life slowly.

Like, walking fast; you don't get to see the little things around you, there's no time to stop and watch the world around you because it seems that you're in too much of a hurry to even take a second glance at the dying flower and mourn over it's death or the bug on his back, struggling to find it's ground... To pity it's uselessness.
Yet, walking slow; you're getting into a whole new perspective. Things around you beautify and you realise, life is too short to not notice these smalls things. Like the flowers starting to blossom, the tree regrouping it's leaves, the grass getting greener.

"Emily doesn't live life fast." I say, as I watch her swing back and forth, the wind blowing in her face, flushed cheeks and a huge smile gracing her lips, I realise that Emily lives her life at the pace she wants... a pace that looks very inviting to me.