Chapter 28

EMILY

"EMILY HONEY, I'M HOME. COME DOWN STAIRS PLEASE?" The familiar but unfamiliar voice calls up the stairs. I sit there still, looking at Lauren.

"Is that your dad?" Lauren asks. I nod, jumping out of the warm bed.

"I haven't spoken to him in about 2 weeks." I sigh, running down the stairs.

"Yes dad?" I ask.

"I have some news-" he's cut short when Lauren skips down stairs, joining us.

"Lauren...?" Dad frowns, looking her up and down.

"Yep that's me." She laughs, going in for a hug. Dad pulls her closer to his chest, kissing her forehead.

"So, what was the news?" I wonder, walking into the kitchen grabbing three cups and the orange juice. I hand a glass to each of them.

"Oh yes... I got a promotion." He beams, taking a sip of his drink. I smile wider, hugging him.

"We leave next week." He chuckles, hugging me tighter. I loosen my grip.
Confused, he pulls away.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" Dad frowns.

"Leave?" I repeat. Dad nods.

"Yep, we're moving to Arizona, America. Isn't that exciting?" Dad smiles.

"For how long?" I ask.

"Forever hon." Dad says, placing his hand on my cheek.

I shake my head, dropping my glass of orange juice.

"I'm not leaving England. You gotta be kidding me!" I laugh, backing away.
Dad frowns, walking closer. He ignores the shattered glass and juice on the tiled floors.

"I have a life here dad! I have friends... A boyfriend that I'm in love with!" I yell, walking a far distance away.

"Honey, I'm sorry. It's for the best." He apologizes, trying to hug me again.
I pull away, not wanting to even talk to him right now.

"For you or me?" I laugh menacingly. 

"For both of us, honey." he sighs. The words I say next surprises me.

"Mum would never  do this. She'd never take me away from the people I love. Mum actually cared about me." He steps back in shock, sucking in a deep breath. I apologize to Lauren, running out the front door with my phone and purse. I run to the local park, kids playing on the swings. I sit down at the small bench.

Why would he do that? Why would he leave and never be home for so long and come home one day and then expect me to leave my new home?
He has to be mental!

I can't leave my new best friends and.. Brad. I can't leave Brad.

I'm in love with him and dad wants to pull me away?

I finally break down, the tears escaping my eyes.

I don't want to leave, not again. The first time was hard enough.

"Em?" A familiar voice quietly calls. I look up, wiping my year stained eyes.

Connor stands there, a confused look etching at his features.
Once he sees the state I'm in, he worries, leaning down in front of me.

"Why are you crying?" He panics, taking my hands.

"M-my dad I-is m-making me g-go." I cry, hiding my face from him.

"Go where Ems?" He frowns.

"A-arizona." I stutter over the tears. He kneels there in shock, not saying a word.

"Let's go, it's getting colder now." he hurries, placing his warm jacket over my shoulders. I mumble a 'thank you.'

"Why are you here? You should be on your headline tour." I wonder.

"I had to come home for today. I got back earlier and I saw you on my way back. Family stuff. I'm going back tonight." He replies. I nod. We walk in silence for 5 minutes.

"Do you think I'll be able to come with you? Me and my best friend, Lauren?" I shyly ask.

He nods. "Yeah, I'm sure of it. Let's go get some stuff for you." He replies. We eventually make it to my house again and we rush inside as it started to rain.

"Honey, you're home." Dad sighs coming over to me. I put my hand up to stop him.

"I'm going with Connor tonight to visit them on their headline tour." I plainly say. A scared and worried Lauren enters the room.

"Lauren's coming too." I state, walking up the stairs. Connor and Lauren following me up.

"Where are we going?" Lauren asks, grabbing her bag.

"We're going to see my band mates." Connor says. Lauren whips around.

"I'm Connor." He smiles, hugging her. Surprised, she says hi.

"I'm Lauren." She smiles, hugging back.

"Okay. My bags packed. I'm ready to go" I sigh, picking the bag up.

"I guess I'm ready too." Lauren agrees.

I stop her. "Loz, you don't have to come if you don't want to. I'm not telling you what to do." I sigh. She frowns.

"Best friends forever, remember?" She smiles, linking our arms. I smile at her, agreeing.

"Let's go." We say in unison. We descend the stairs with our bags. I grab my phone charger from the wall.

"Honey, don't go. Please." Dad begs.

"I'll be back by the end of the week dad." I plainly state, walking out the door after Lauren and Connor.

"I love you girls." He calls. I don't answer back, I just walk out the door.

"Come on, I rented a cab to take us to the airport." Connor smiles, opening the boot and putting our bags in. When I'm in and I've shut the cab car door, I notice dad standing outside the front door. We drive off down the street, him getting smaller and smaller.

"I'm sorry daddy." I quietly say, looking out the window, softly crying to myself.

Running away may not be the answer, but he can't just expect me to leave home.
Over everything, I know that this little holiday will be me telling Brad and saying goodbye to everyone that I love. Especially Brad.

********
********
********

Well, it's been a while. It's great being able to write another chapter again!
What do you think of this chapter?

I loved writing it!

Please comment
Vote
Share
Follow me

I love you all so much! :D :* <3

~Beth :D