Chapter 5

Emily's P.O.V

~ The walk to the park ~

What had happened in there was just awkward and Brad and I hadn't spoken since.

We're half way to the park by the time workers start making the most ear-blowing sounds ever. A guy in uniform stops us. 

"Sorry guys, we're doing construction here and I'm afraid to say you can't pass this way. I'm sorry but you're going to have to go another way." He softly smiles.

"Thanks mate" James smiles. We turn around and start walking the way we came.

Brad looks at me as if I haven't spoken in a life time. I don't blame him, I haven't spoken much at all.

"Well that's just great! We're gonna have to go another way now. Does anyone know another route to the park?" Tristan asks, upset.

We all look at each other with confused looks. When my eyes meet Bradley's, he's already looking my way and still doesn't look away. Has he been staring at me this whole time?

"What about the train. We walked past it a few minutes ago!?" Connor suggests.

"Thats a good idea, Con!" James smiles.

~  At the Train Station ~

We arrive at the station. The walk here was a bit awkward. James was searching up train times and found one in roughly ten minutes. Connor and Tristan were skipping the whole way there with linked arms. Bradley and I were walking side by side and at times our arms would brush past one another's. We would give a quick glance at each other. We didn't say a word.

"The train is here!" James shouts, stating out the obvious, pulling me away from my thoughts.

We step onto the train. For a second I wondered if it was abandoned, with no one but us on it.

James sits next to Con, playing on each others phones. Tristan sits next to me and Brad directly in front of me. Everyone was doing something on their phone.

My phone flashes and I grab it before anyone notices. A message from Brad. I unlock my phone and read it:

'Cafe Guy' - Brad
Follow me, when I move... Please?

Confused, I look up to see Brad moved to the very end of the carriage. Sighing, I stand up and quietly excuse myself. When I reach him, I don't sit.

"Hey." I shyly smile.

"Hi." He grins up at me. Warily, I sit down.

"So you wanted to talk?" I ask. Brad nods.

"Ugh, yeah. I've been thinking about what you said back at the house..." At this point, I've become nervous.
What if he tells me no? That he doesn't like me like that? That I'm too ugly for him? I'm not worthy...?

"I'd like to take you out, on a date." I'm startled from my own thoughts with his words, pushing all negatives aside.

"Really?" I'm in shock, of course, but that doesn't stop the smile edging at my lips.

"Yes Emily." Brad chuckles, running his hand through his brown locks.

"Okay." Really? That's all I have to say? No! I have a lot to say but no confidence to say it.
Brad stands up, still smiling and grabs my hand in his, intwining our fingers and pulling me up to my feet.

Maybe, just maybe... Okay was all he needed?