Chapter 64

BRAD

I sit in the waiting room of the hospital.
Lauren and Tristan walked off a little bit ago, telling me that they'll give me a bit of space.
I've been sitting here for about 2 hours now, with no information from the doctor about how she's going.
I don't know if she's okay, if our little boy is okay. I've been left in the dust of everything and it's driving me insane.

Once Tristan brought me back to my senses back at the house, he told me and Lauren to get in the car and we'll go to the hospital.
I sat in the back, not saying anything.
I watched as they sat up the front, holding hands and quietly talking.

Lauren and Tristan texted everyone, telling them what's happened.
Apparently, once Jane was informed about her cancer, she wanted to go home. She wanted to go back to Arizona, so that's what she did. She's in a hospital in Arizona and Jake, Nina and Joel are with her.

"Simpson?" I stand to my feet, as well as two other people on the other side of the waiting room. The doctor looks between the 3 of us.

"Oliver Simpson?" He rephrases. I slump back in my chair, the doctor giving me a pitiful look, walking off with the two people for Oliver Simpson.

Why can't they just tell me if they're okay? I stand again, walking up to the receptionist desk.

"Do you have any information on Emily Simpson yet?" I ask. I've already been up here a few times and asked the same thing every time. The lady gives me look of sympathy, shaking her head.

"If I do get anything, I promise you'll be the first to know." I turn away, looking down the long hallway. Doctors and nurses run urgently into a room and every part of me wishes that isn't Emily's room.

I walk back to the same chair I've been sitting in for the whole time I've been here, getting my iPhone out.
I open the text from Connor and James.

James: Is she alright? I'll be there as soon as I can get there!

That was sent 2 hours ago in the group chat with all of us lads, including Joel.

Connor: Fuck! I'm with my family right now, but I'll get there soon. Hold in there, lad. We're all here for you.

This brings another tear to my eye and I don't bother to wipe it away when it falls.

A whole group of people storm into the hospital doors, a very familiar group. I keep my head down.

"Where is she!?" Joel screams.

"Emily Simpson!" James calls. Wait, what?

"Don't fucking push me away, you bitch!" Nina's voice screams. Wasn't she in Arizona? Weren't they both?

When they spot me in the corner, with my head hung low it's as if they're afraid to move. As if moving any closer will break me.

James is the first to move, in a fast pace he walks over. I stand up, hands in my hoodie pockets. He envelopes me in a hug, I pull my hands out and wrap my arms around him in a hug. I hold tightly onto his clothes, pulling at his top.

We pull apart when Tristan and Lauren come back. Connor notices her and smiles, she doesn't return it.

Some words are exchanged and Connor and Lauren walk off in the other direction. Lauren spares Tristan one last glance before turning a corner and out of sight.

We sit in silence for another 10 minutes, by then mum, dad, Connor, Nat, Dean, Joe and Finn have arrived.

A few minutes later, Connor comes back with Lauren, both of them seeming fine. Lauren walks to Tristan, intwining hands with him while Connor goes to the vending machine to get a drink. I know Connor, he's hiding how he feels. He loves her and she broke his heart.