Chapter 23

Bradley's P.O.V

"Anne, this tastes fabulous. Thank you very much." Em moans in delight. I chuckle at her reaction to mums cooking, but honestly - my mums cooking is absolutely amazing.

"Thank you honey. Thank you for making my Bradley happy." Em hides her head into my chest mumbling a 'you're welcome'. Kissing Em's head lovingly we continue to eat our meal.

"So, Emily. Tell me about yourself." Dad pushes. Hesitantly she replies.

"Well, my name's Emily Greene, I'm 17 and originally come from Birmingham too. I'm an only child and live with my dad."

"If I may ask, your mother?" Em's face pales almost instantly from his question. I'm about to deny dad's question but before I can, Em is answering him. I have never actually asked about her mum after the first day we met.

"She left dad and me, she died. 3 Years ago, of c-cancer." Em chokes out, tears free falling down her cheeks. She starts shaking her head, waving her hands in a side ways motion. She quietly apologizes, repeating her words. 'I'm sorry, I'm fine.'

Dad instantly regrets his question while mum and Nat jump up out of their seats to groom Emily. I don't want them to, I want to, but i'm in shock.I should've told dad, mum or Natalie earlier and forced this question to never be brought up ever again. But i didn't, I let it continue. Recovering from my guilty stage I lightly push Nat and mum away from my girlfriend.

"Beautiful, it's okay, you'll be okay. Come with me." I whisper, reassuring her she'll be okay. I lift her out of her seat, walking past every room, finally at my destination; my bathroom, sitting her on the bench top.

"I-i'm so sorry Brad, I r-ruined your 18th b-birthday." She apologizes choking on her words, from all the tears falling and her breath being caught up in her throat.

I pull her into a hug, protecting her from all the bad, hurt and the worst of all- memories.

"Don't say that Emily, I love you, you being here, in my life makes it the best of all my 18 I've had so far. You're my world Emily Greene, I want to protect you from all the bad, even protect you from all of the good so I can have you, all of you just you in my arms, like this right now.

I'd travel the world just to have you in my arms again. You're mine and I'm yours and the best part of that is knowing I, Bradley Will Simpson am in love with my girlfriend Emily Greene." I whisper in her ear.

"I love you too Brad, I'm sorry for my out break, I should've stopped the tears in the first place." I chuckle, wiping her tear stained cheeks.

"Crying makes you human honey, your tears make you even more beautiful." I coo.

"Here, let's get you cleaned up and we'll go back down?" She nods and goes to grab the flannel at the bench beside her.

"I'll do it." I reassure. Em nods and sits back.

Wiping her cheeks, i gaze into her beautiful brown eyes the whole time, not missing an aspect of them.

Not being able to control myself, I lean in kissing her bright pink and soft lips. They somehow taste amazing, peppermint I think. I moan through out the kiss making Em chuckle, pulling away. Leaning her forehead to mine.

"Thank you Brad." She says hiding her head within the crook of my neck.

"No, thank you. Remember what i said, I love you."

"I love you too and I won't forget." She whispers against my neck.

"Come on, love. Let's go back down and eat dinner." Once we reach the dining room everyone is in there. Even Jess.

"I'm sorry honey. I hope you're okay, we'll always be here for you." Mum says, pulling her out of mine and into her own arms.

One by one; Mum, Nat and even Jess come by her.

"As my wife said Emily, we'll always be here if you want to talk." Dad reassures pulling her into his arms too.

"Thank you Derek" she smiles.

"Well, so we continue dinner or are you going to steal my girl friend for the rest of the night?" I joke.

We agree on dinner, filing to the dinner table, our lasagnas still tasting amazing as ever.

The night carries out perfectly, Em fitting in with my family swell. Laughter, jokes, and worst of all, baby pictures and old tales of well... Me. Great! *Note the sarcasm.*

1.1k! LOVE YOU GUYS :* :* :*

I will be putting a note up sometime this month- idk, but please take notice of it!?

Update in about... 3-4 days; So keep an eye out.

Comment, Share, VOTE!

:D Beth :D