Chapter 3

Emily's P.O.V

Beep, beep, beep!

My alarm beeps, basically yelling at my sleeping body. I slam my face into my pillow 1, 2 or 3 times.

Beep, Beep, Beep!

It's getting louder! Dad bursts into my room.

"Honey you need to wake up. Brad is taking you somewhere today?"

Yeah, what ever, okay.... WAIT! How does my dad know about Brad? Memories of yesterday's events flash through my mind in a quick slideshow.

"Dad, how do you know that?" I ask, sitting up in my bed.

"It's right here on your phone. A wake up call with a note attatched to it that says 'BRADS TAKING ME OUT TODAY! WAKE UP EMILY!' He reads aloud, (in a girly voice might I add) putting in the enthusiasm the words hold.

"I don't speak like that," I stare at him. I try to look angry but I can only imagine how messed up my face looks this very second.

"Yes you do, darling." He chuckles, shaking his head.

"Dad can you get out now please?" He raises his hands in surrender, walking backwards until he comes to my bedroom door. His hands drop and he starts making kissy faces.

"Leave!" I cry out, covering my face with my blanket.

He laughs, walking out and shuts the door behind him. I jump up and run to my ensuite bathroom. I turn the shower taps on, the steam already appearing from the heat. I hop into the shower. 15 minutes later when I get out, I sit on my bed in just a towel. Undecided, I stare at my closet blankly.
I finally decide on my pink tank top and a pair of high waisted denim shorts. I look at the time; 10:30.

I walk into the bathroom and put a touch of make-up on. Just the essential mascara, eye-liner, foundation and then before i know it, I'm running down the stairs making a bowl of cereal and eating it.

Dad walks into the kitchen, tying his tie. "Honey, I'm leaving for work now. I should be back by 6 or 7. You'll be alright for dinner, right?" He looks up, searching the kitchen for me.

"Yes, I'll figure something out," I smile.

"Are you in the office today?" I ask, taking another mouthful of my breakfast. I ask this because today he's wearing his suit. Fancy black slacks, shiny black shoes, white button up top and black tie.

"No, I have a meeting. Something important apparently." He smiles back.

"Okay. Have fun!" I wink, he laughs.

"I will honey. As for you, don't get into too much trouble and enjoy yourself. It's been a couple months since we've been here so you know your way around, right?" He asks.

"Of course." I say.

"Alright, well I will be back later." He says, walking to me and gently grabbing me by the head, kissing my temple. He grabs his bag and leaves with a final bye.

Once he leaves, I finish my cereal and wash up in the sink. Realising I left my phone on my bed, I run up the stairs and grab it.

~Ding Dong~

I jog out of my room and down the stairs into the living room. The clock reads five to eleven. Walking to the door, Brad stands there with a great big grin on his face.

"Hi," I smile as he returns the gesture.

"Hello," I grab his forearm and lead him inside. I let go of him and walk up stairs, hoping he'd follow. He did.

"So this is my bedroom. I will be right back, I'm just doing my hair and changing my top." I say,

"Okay," he nods, sitting on my bed. I walk into the bathroom and blow dry my hair as fast as I can. I brush through my brown locks, starting to braid the mess. I squirt toothpaste over my tooth brush, quickly brushing my teeth at lightning speed.

"Sorry I'm taking so long, Brad," I call through the walls.

I walk out of the bathroom to get the new top I'll be wearing. I grab a lace top and a white singlet to wear underneath.

"Sorry just forgot the top."

"Its okay, take aslong as you want, I'm fine with just waiting." He replies.

I walk out of the bathroom and grab my white converse and slip them onto my feet.

"Ready to go?" I ask as I grab my phone.

"Yep, I'm ready if you are," he says.

"Okay, then let's go!"