Chapter 29

Emily's P.O.V

It's been just under a week now that I arrived on tour with the boys.
I still haven't had the courage to tell anyone. I made Connor swear to secrecy to not tell Brad, Tris or James. I didn't need to force Lauren not to tell anyone, I know she'll keep my secrets safe.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for Arizona.
I haven't texted or called dad, but he surely has tried to contact me. There's still another month until the boys finish their tour.

I sit alone in my hotel room.
The boys are in sound check and Lauren went downstairs to buy a soda from the vending machine.

Quiet sobs escape my lips, tears cascading down my cheeks. I pull out a diary I had secretly packed before we left.  I hadn't written in this old thing since I knew how to tell the difference between emotions and my handwriting was understandable. I wrote about my feelings, my adventures and my memories.

I quickly start off writing about Brad.

He's the love of my life.

My writing goes from neat to rushed and messy with tears scattered among the page.

I decide that once I finish writing today, I'm leaving this book to Brad so he can know how I felt in the last 7 years of my life. From my mum's cancer, to when my dad worked a lot leaving me home alone, to when he got a promotion and moved us to London. Then to when I first met Brad. How I felt, how he made me feel.

He makes me feel the world. He takes my breath away each and every time I see his beautiful brown eyes, his pink plump lips and his soft brown curls.

I don't know when I'll next see him after tomorrow.

I don't think I'll be able to live with the pain of not being able to hold him, hold his hand in the streets, kiss his soft pink lips every morning and night when I wake up and go to sleep.

I know I won't, he's my light in the dark.

If we are meant to be together, we'll meet again.
Fate will bring us back together.

Bradley Will Simpson, I'm sorry but I have to go- Lauren is coming back into our room.

I -

Before I can finish my sentence, Lauren walks into the hotel room.
I close the book with the pen inside, throwing it under the bed.

I harshly wipe my eyes and cheeks, but obviously Lauren notices by my red cheeks and blood shot eyes.

Lauren runs over, dropping the plastic bag in her hand and sitting down next to me, hugging me right.
I start crying once again, I don't hold the tears back though.

"You have to tell him, hon." She sighs, placing her chin on my head.

"I-I know." I cough, hugging my best friend back. We sit there for 5 minutes until I start to drift off into a sleep.

"Our planes at 10:30am tomorrow." Loz reminds me, lying down with me.
We both eventually fall asleep.

- - - - -

"Em, wake up. It's 7:30. We need to pack." Lauren whispers, sitting up in the king sized bed.

I groan, getting out of the bed and walking to my suitcase and pulling out my black leggings and navy blue crop top that reads "AUSSIE BABE"

I walk into the bathroom ready for a shower. I strip, stepping into the shower and turning on the water. The shower feels slow, like she jet of water hitting me one by one. I sigh, grabbing my shampoo bottle and squirting some into my hands. My shower ends rather quickly as Lauren needed one too.
I towel dry my hair, brushing it after. Lauren goes into the bathroom.