Chapter 16

Connor's P.O.V

Once Brad runs out of the kitchen I hear him yell at someone. I don't bother to look because I'm already frustrated. I need to talk to Emily.

Opening the door into the living room all eyes are concentrated on the stairs. I work up the courage to say something.

"Emily, can I please talk to you?" Once I say that all eyes go on me. She walks towards me not even looking up to see me. We walk into the kitchen, away from everyone.

"Emily?" I ask trying to get her attention.

"Mhmm?" She hums.

"I just want to know," As i was staring at her she looks up at me to continue. She notices my lack of words.

"I just want to know, do you love James?" I ask strongly.

"I-i-" I cut her off by asking her a more simple question.

"Okay, let me make it easier for you." She doesn't make any eye contact while I speak.

"What is the easy question, Connor?" She asks, sighing. I look at her, letting a small smile out the side of my mouth.

"The easy question is, do you love Brad, Emily?" She looks me straight in the eyes.

"Connor of course I love Brad. James and I are, are, well not even together but I don't feel the same way as I do with Brad but that doesn't matter he has moved on from me because of my stupid mistake!" I look at her as if she is stupid.

"Emily, go talk to him. If you really love him and he loves you, he will want to talk. Don't give up, love." I embrace her in a small hug for a few moments, then softly pushing her away. I follow her out into the living room. She looks down at me while half way up the stairs. I gesture for her to keep going up by moving my hand back and forth.

Once she was up there I turn around to see Tristan's eyes on me. I shrug, smirking. James stands up and jogs towards the stairs where I stand. I pull him back so he can't go up.

"James, don't. You know she loves him, it's for the best." I assure him. He walks back over to the couch and places his head in his hands.

Emily's P.O.V

Once Connor had told me to keep going, I look back at the boys to see James staring at me. I knew I loved James, but not the way I love Brad, James is like my older brother.

Making my way to the top of the stairs I see the only room with a door shut and I instantly know he is in there. Walking to the closed room, I stop at the door and knock gently before opening it to find Brad sitting on the corner of the bed, rubbing his eyes.

He's been crying. Guilt floods my stomach.

"Brad? Please don't cry, I need you not to cry Brad." I walk over to the bed and sit next to him.

"You moved on Emily, you have the courage to move on. I stayed here thinking of you all day and night." He cries, looking right into my eyes. 

"Brad, I never moved on. James and I aren't dating but even if we were, he isn't like you Brad, he doesn't have the control you have over me. He isn't you." I quietly exclaim, trying to get my point across in the best way possible.

"You know what Emily, I have no idea what you were thinking but i still didn't move on to the next girl." I take a deep breath. Now this is going to get tough. I stand now, looking down at him.

"Bradley, I need you to believe me. Think about it. I never once flirted with James in the past 2 weeks of knowing you guys. Why would I want and need him when you've already consumed my every thought!" I raise my arms in despair.

"Bradley Will Simpson, you have consumed my every thought and stolen my heart. I love you, why can't you see that!?" I walk back to see a very tall looking James in my view. I hear Bradley sigh.

"I think we should go, James." I say grabbing his arm. Before I could take another step, Brad had already gotten a grip on my wrist.

"Don't, please Emily.Please don't leave. I am so so so sorry. I do love you. Even ask Connor, I told him!" I move my hand from his grip and lock our fingers.

"I'm sorry James, but I really do love Brad." I apologize. With that being said, I release James' arm and let myself run into Brad's arms.

"I love you, Em." Brad whispers, tightening his grip around me. I try to hold back my smile but it doesn't work, I can't. I'm way too happy.