Chapter 48

EMILY

"Hey you" James greets, sipping his drink.

"Hey" I yawn, wiping my eyes.

"Why so tired? Did you even sleep? You have the biggest bags under your eyes" James squints, checking my eyes.

"No, I didn't sleep at all" I confess.

"And why would that be?" James queries.

"Brad was moaning all night, waking up from time to time having to catch his breath" I sigh, filling up a glass of water. I take a huge gulp.

"It's been 3 days, you shouldn't have to look after him all the time, I'll ask Connor to keep an eye out for him this morning while we go out and get some breakfast? You deserve it" I shrug.

"Okay, I'll head up and meet you down here in 5 minutes?"

"Sounds good to me" James smiles.
I nod, jogging my way upstairs.

"Hey babe" Brad slightly smiles, sitting up in the bed.
He's regained his strength back in his legs, the pain in his shoulders have died down now and his face only hurts a little bit.
It's all his ribs now; well that's what he keeps telling me, he could be just saying that.
The start of their UK tour is starting very soon but he's Bradley Simpson. My Bradley Simpson.
He'll think of something.

"Oh hi, I thought you were asleep"

"Just woke up, are you going out?" I nod, picking up my bag that I'd packed for my stay here.
I pull out a pair of leggings and my pink knitted sweater. 'Pink' written on the front in cursive writing.

"Cool, where to?" He asks.

"I'm not sure, James and I are going to go out for breaky and coming back a bit later. We can go back to mine later if you're feeling better"

"Yeah, sure. Have fun" he smiles, readjusting the peas on his ribs.
I grin, skipping into the bathroom to get changed. Once I've brushed my hair, not worrying about make up and changed I jog down stairs, slipping on my ugg boots.

"Ready!" I cheer, happy to get out of the house today.

"Okay, lets go" James laughs, opening the front door.

"Ladies first" he ushers, walking out himself after me. Once he locks up, we're on our way.

"Where to?" I ask

"Does Starbucks appeal to you?" James offers,

"Very much" I nod, pulling my sleeves down over my hands. It is quite cold again today.

"So you just... Hit her?" James asks.

"Yeah, she was a real bitch" I nod, James starts cracking up laughing.

"You were five, Emily" James quietens down.

"So what, she stole my lolliepop. I earned that shit" I roll my eyes.

"How'd you earn it?"

"I learnt how to spell my name" I grin, holding my hot chocolate.James rolls his eyes.

"What happened after that?"

"Oh, I was sent to the naughty corner. That school didn't support hitting very much" I scrunch my face up, remembering that awful, plain, yellow corner. So bare and so lifeless.
I would of rathered to stare at a blue wall for half an hour.

"Devil child" he mutters.

"That's my middle name" I wink,

"Of course it is" he chuckles.
A sudden urge to use the restroom kicks in, my bladder getting heavier by the second. My knee bobs up and down.