Chapter 52

EMILY

I unlock my phone, opening up the Instagram app.
I start to scroll through my news feed, so many pictures of the boys from their first show.
I stop at one post of Brad standing over a girl in the audience. The caption read:

OMG, just before I took this picture Brad touched my hand, I'm dying right now! (Never washing this hand again) Many crying emotions follow her words.

I comment on her post saying: Congratulations! Hope you had a good night. xx I follow a few people, deciding to post myself.

I scroll through my camera roll, picking a photo of my mum and me when I was about 12 or so.

I caption it with; Happy Birthday mum, miss you heaps! xx Upset you can't be here with me :(

Loads of likes and comments come through on my phone, sending their apologies and gratitude.

I decide to post one more photo seeing as I have nothing else better to do.

I flick through my camera roll until I reach the top, a picture of Lauren and I dressed in all Vamps merch.

I type the caption: June 2012, my best friend Lauren (@Laurensgotswag) and I ready to go to an open show of The Vamps. Never ever did I think I'd be engaged to the boy on my shirt. If someone were to tell me when I was, what... 16? That I will be engaged to Bradley Will Simpson when I am 18, I'd laugh at them and say their crazy.
I was once a vampette like all of you, I always dreamed to grow old with him and here I am. What can I say? Keep dreaming, and don't give up. Never say never. I love you all xx

"We're here," Dad suddenly speaks, pulling the car to a holt. I look out the car window and we are in fact, parked outside the Simpson home. I grin, grabbing my bag and hopping out of the car. I jog to the front door, knocking a few times. I tap my foot waiting for dad. He makes it halfway up the front yard before I hear the front door opening.
I spin around, Natalie pulling me into a tight and happy hug.
Everyone comes to the door, Anne, Derek and Jesse.

Nat and I pull away and I hug Derek and then Anne. Anne and my hug lasts a little longer then the others.

"Guys, this is my dad; Jacob. Dad this is Derek, Natalie and Anne-Marie." I point to each of them.
Natalie and Anne hug dad, Derek shaking his hand.

"Jake is fine" Dad nods, rolling his eyes. I rarely ever use his whole name to people.

We all walk into the kitchen.
I sit on the kitchen stool, waiting for someone to say something.

"Guys, how about y'all go and watch the soccer game that's on?" I say. Dad and Derek look at one another, shrugging and walking off into the lounge room. When they're out of sight, Natalie's jumps up and down, quietly squealing.
I laugh, shaking my head.

Anne grins, grabbing my hand.

"It's soo darn pretty" she gushes.

"I know!" I smile. Natalie admires it,

"My brother is so lucky to have you" she shakes her head, stepping away.
I shake my head.

"I'm lucky to have him" I state. Nat and Anne 'aww' I roll my eyes.

"So have you set a date yet?" Nat asks, taking a seat beside me. I frown.

"A date for what?" I ask back.
It's their turn to roll their eyes now.

"For the wedding, silly" Anne laughs. Oh...
By the expression on my face, they already know.

"No... We haven't really spoken about it" I shrug, pulling out the notepad from my bag beside me.