=FOUR=

There's nothing more calming than a hot shower after a long day. It's relaxing, it's refreshing. It helps rejuvenate the skin. A shower can be a comfort in many way. Or it can be a metaphorical way to wash away the sins of the people it rains on.

Hoseok lies in bed, listening to the sound of the shower turn on. He heard when his wife came in. She clattered around in the kitchen, opening the fridge for something to drink before walking up the stairs. Victoria went straight to the bathroom and stripped from her work clothes to shower.

He rolls over to his night stand and taps his phone screen. It lights up with the time displayed across it.

12:26 AM

He blinks at the screen and rolls back over. She gets off by nine o'clock at the latest. He tries to force himself to sleep but his heart beats in anticipation to see her. He misses her warmth, her hugs, her kisses. He misses his wife.

By the time Victoria gets out of the shower, Hoseok is struggling to keep his eyes open. The second he hears the door click closed, he's awake again. He watches her walk in quietly, throwing her dirty clothes in the hamper before drying off. She puts on fresh pajamas and towel dries her hair before putting it in a bun on top of her head.

She walks to her side of the bed and pulls the blankets back. Hoseok turns to her as she gets in the bed. She cuddles next to him for warmth and he wraps his arm around her. He feels her stiffen for a second before relaxing.

He rests his head against her skin and closes his eyes, feeling content enough to sleep. She smells of nothing but soap. It keeps him up more than he thought that it would. It's a refreshing scent.. but it isn't hers.

When morning comes, he's up first. Woken by the sound of his alarm, he rolls over quickly to shut it off. He looks back to make sure that it didn't wake her up before getting out of bed.

He stretches as he walks to the bathroom. Staring at the wall in front of him, he forces his mind to blank so that he can pee. He washes his hands afterwards and goes downstairs to make breakfast. Victoria is off of work today and he's planned to have a full day together.

He pulls out eggs, bacon and pancake mix, along with a waffle maker. He makes the waffles first and half way through starts the eggs and bacon. While that's cooking, he starts brewing her coffee as well. Humming to himself as he cooks, his phone buzzes. He turns his ringer back on and looks at the device.

It's just an email from work that he's been CCed into. They wouldn't have included him if it wasn't important. They know that's he's away for a few days but he's still an important piece of the business.

Hoseok checks on the food, taking the bacon off the stove and plating the eggs. He unplugs the waffle maker and makes Victoria's plate, drizzling syrup over her waffles. He cleans up the mess that he's made in the kitchen before taking the plate up to her.

The smell of food fills her nose as he sets the tray on the nightstand. Peeling the blanket back from her face, he lets the cool air hit her skin to wake her up. Her face scrunches and she opens her eyes. Bloodshot and glossy, he can tell that she has a hangover.

"Good morning." He says softly, knowing that her head is probably pounding.

"G'morning." She says as she inhales deeply. Victoria sits up on the bed and raises her arms to stretch.

"I made you breakfast." He puts the tray in her lap and hands her the utensils.

"Thank you." Her voice is quiet and she puts her head down as she starts to eat.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asks and his wife looks up at him and blinks.

"Yeah." Her eyebrows twitch. "Why wouldn't I be?"