=FORTY-TWO=

During the final hearing of the divorce, Hoseok sits in the court room with his lawyer. Victoria sits on her side with her lawyer and Nico sits in the benches behind her.

Upon seeing him, Hoseok raised his eyebrows. He didn't expect him to be here. But it is the last date. Maybe he's just here for moral support. Victoria looks like she's been crying a lot so it's good that he showed up.

Earlier that week, Hoseok submitted his DNA sample in the form of a cheek swab. Victoria had her blood drawn being that she's apparently almost four months pregnant. He finds that absolutely insane but didn't comment on it.

With a banging of the gavel, court starts. The judge opens the DNA test first and says what he already knew.

"Mr. Jung, you are not the father of the unborn child."

He nods, acknowledging her words. It's not a surprise. It's simply a statement to him. Victoria sits in her seat, growing a little nervous. Behind her, Nico is the surprised one. Not in a bad way, he's just... shocked. If the baby that Victoria is carrying isn't Hoseok's, then it's his.

"With that information being confirmed, this divorce will move past the legal separation. I requested information on any joint accounts and things of that nature, which I received via email from both of your lawyers. You two have separate accounts, for almost everything. The only thing that is shared is Miss Lucas's car and the house."

Hoseok sits in his chair listening as she talks. Victoria leg bounces up and down in her seat as she waits for the next words nervously.

"Due to the prenuptial agreement that was signed being violated by both of you, there would normally be money owed in both directions. However, due to the circumstances, the amount owed by Miss Lucas is substantially higher than that of Mr. Jung."

"That shouldn't be possible. She was pushed during a pregnancy and he cheated on her." Nico speaks up. The judge gives him a warning look for speaking when unspoken to and completely out of turn.

"Miss Lucas is physically abusive, emotionally abusive and told him that she was carrying his child. Her infidelity level greatly exceeds his. Not only that, her financial contributions to the marriage are significantly lower than that of Mr. Jung. So much so that it doesn't even qualify to be paid back or have interest placed on it. It doesn't matter that she's a woman and he's a man, wrong is wrong. However, with that being said, Mr. Jung did reach anew tax bracket while married to Miss Lucas so she is entitled to some of that money."

"Wait." Victoria speaks up. "He just signed a new contract for over a million dollars. That'll put him in a new tax bracket as well. We're still married. He owes me from that, too."

"Not true." Hoseok's lawyer interjects. "My client signed the contract but no changes have been made as of yet. The contract does not take affect until the end of the business quarter due to IMG's financing stipulations."

"And when the hell is that? That's ridiculous. He's making the money right now. We're married." Victoria says as she stares at Hoseok. He has yet to look at her, ignoring her glares.

"The end of the business quarter is at the end of the month. Based on the current proceedings, the divorce will be legally finalized on the 26th."

"What? Five days?!" Victoria looks at the judge. "This can't be serious. We've been married for two years and he's getting off because of five days?"

"Married for two years and yet your boyfriend is sitting behind you in the court of law in support of your divorce. Sit down, Miss Lucas. You are giving me a headache." The judge says sternly.

Victoria looks taken aback by her bluntness as she takes her seat.

They discuss how much money is meant to distributed and the judge tells him that he can either make payments, ten percent of his monthly income for 18 months, or let her keep the car and the house.