=THIRTY-ONE=

Hoseok stands at the wall of the hotel room as he dims the lights and starts the movie. Alina gets all the snacks together in the basket and sets it on the bed before walking into the bathroom.

For his second to last gift to her, he got a penthouse suite at the top of the most expensive hotel in the city. Usually, the place is booked up but he called in a favor.

Seokjin was more than happy to give him the suite but, of course, asked what the occasion was. At that point, Hoseok felt that he had no choice but to come clean. Everything is about to be one big mess so the least that he can do is let his friends hear it from him before anyone else.

That call ended up being a four way where he explained everything from top to bottom. This time, including his own indiscretions. Things were very quiet, silent even for a long time.

Seokjin was, to Hoseok's surprise, the first to speak. He put into words what the other two were thinking. Everybody is wrong in some way. When it comes to the matter of whose more or less wrong given the circumstances... well... that's an entirely different conversation.

They were all shocked to find out that Victoria is cheating on Hoseok with not one, but two people. They're even more shocked to find out that she's supposedly pregnant. Taehyung, in the most best friend of ways, told Hoseok about himself. He understands why he cheated but he thinks that he should have waited to know for sure then confronted Victoria about her own infidelity. They could have gone from there. Divorce or fixing it, whichever.

Jungkook agreed with Taehyung, that it would have been the less messy option. But what's done is done and they can't change anything or take it back. They'll stick by his side regardless of what happens.

After hearing about Victoria hitting and throwing things at him, after seeing the scar on his jaw and the one in his eyebrow from the stitches, they're with him through and through. He's done things that they're not really proud of but they get it. They understand him.

Hoseok isn't a man of infidelity by nature. This was a one time experience, a one time occurrence. You live and you learn. It'll never happen again, that he knows.

"Babe?" Alina calls to him as she washes the makeup from her face.

"Yeah, baby?"

"What movie are we watching?" She rinses the washcloth out and hangs it to dry on the rack.

"The Corpse Bride is first." He says as he connects his phone to the projector. He hears her small gasp and smiles at her reaction.

"Then Alice in Wonderland and whatever the sequel is called... Through the Looking Glass."

"Oohh, those are my favorite." Alina says, voice full of excitement.

"I know. Hurry up so we can watch them. I don't want you to get too tired and fall asleep on me."

"I'm coming." She walks out of the bathroom in a new pajama set. In black satin shorts and a white cropped tank, she's comfortable and ready for bed. She's not wearing a bra and he can only assume that she's not wearing any panties either.

When she bends over to pick up a bag of gummy snacks, his thoughts are confirmed.

Of course not, why would she?

He starts the movie and crawls into the bed with her. They lay against the pillows and start eating their snacks. Hoseok has a goal to make it through at least one movie. At the very least, just one.

And it's going well.

Until she wants to be the little spoon. She backs herself into him and he puts his arm around her body. This typically would no problem. Except Alina has been feeling like a dog in heat the last four days and she's been doing her best to hold out.