=NINETEEN=

"...so I really want to go because it's warm and the weather is so nice. I've googled their beaches and reviews on resorts. They're all really good. People love them." Victoria explains why she wants to go to Morocco for her birthday.

Nobody asked but she's telling Hoseok anyway.

They're sitting at the table for dinner that she decided to make tonight. He told her that he wasn't hungry to which she replied that he needed to stop being childish and communicate with her. So he sat at the table to hear her speak.

He wasn't being childish when he said he wasn't hungry. He's been at Alina's house for the past two and a half days. She's fed him plenty and in more ways than one. But that isn't something that he can tell Victoria so he just sits at the table texting Alina while his wife talks.

Lina🤎: I miss you

I miss you too baby
I'll be over soon. Just get ready
The appointment is at 2:30

I'm already ready
Can I have your smoothie?
I'll buy you another one

Go ahead. Don't worry about it

Thank yoouuu🤎

Mhm. I'm about to be on my way

"Hoseok, are you listening to me?"

"Hm?" He looks up and locks his phone. "Yeah. You want to go to Morocco, I know. I heard you, I'm listening."

Victoria gives him a blank look.

"Really? Because your nose is in your phone. You're always working. We can't even have a civil lunch without you not being present."

"Work is important to me, Victoria. I have to pay attention. I really enjoy my job." He states and she rolls her eyes.

"Are we going on my birthday trip or not? The girls want to know so they can hurry and get their flights and information booked."

Hoseok has to stop himself from narrowing an eye at her. Everything that comes out of her mouth feels like a lie now, especially anything involving 'the girls'. If she's really going be slick and have Katie there, he sees no reason why he can't be slick too.

Alina could use a vacation. She's earned it being the wonderful woman that she is.

"Of course we're going. I'll book the flights while I'm at work today on my break. I'll text you after so you can let the girls know exactly what dates we'll be there."

Victoria's mood brightens at the words.

"Okay. I'll go call them." She walks out of the room and down the hall. As soon as she's gone, Hoseok gets up to put his shoes on. He grabs his keys and wallet and leaves the house before she gets back into the room.

He drives to Lina's place and calls her when he's outside. He drops his ring into the center console as she gets into the car.

"Hey, baby."

"Hey, handsome." Alina replies as she puts the smoothie in the center cup holder. She leans over the console and he meets her halfway. They kiss in greeting, making it last for a few seconds before pulling away.