=FIVE=

=Only Love Can Hurt Like This- Paloma Faith=

The upbeat music from Alina's headphones plays in her ears as she holds her squat. Her arms move vigorously as she uses the battle ropes. With her braids tied up and her waist trainer on, she drowns out her surroundings. All the listens to is her trainer's voice and her music.

"30 seconds, Alina. You're doing great. He stands off to the side watching her with small head nods of approval. He sees her starting to get tired and encourages her. She pushes through and forces herself to finish.

Her trainer claps and gives her a high five as she drops the ropes. Her arms feel weak so she sits on the floor to take a breather. He hands her a water bottle and she takes it gratefully, uncapping it to drink.

"Your stamina is getting better with these. You're holding off on the tiredness until the end of the line. That's good. Youre almost at your goal weight too. I'm proud of you."

"Thank you."

"Mhm. No problem. You put in the work for it. All I did was facilitate." He says as he hands her a small cloth, dampened with cool water. She puts it on the back of her neck as she stands up.

"Thank you. Are we meeting at the same time next week?" Alina asks as they walk out of the gym and down the hall.

"Uh, I will let you know actually. My fiancée is due in nine days so I'm trying to be cautious."

"Oh." Her eyebrows go up. "Never mind then. Stay with her. Nine days means any day now if we're being honest."

He laughs with her as they get to the doors.

"Yeah, that's what the doctor said. I'll text you and let you know if anything though."

"Alright. Congratulations in advance!" She calls to him as they part ways in the parking lot.

"Thank you!"

Alina unlocks her car and reaches into the back seat. She grabs another water bottle out of her gym bag and dumps it into her big one. She always feels like she could drink an entire gallon after her workout sessions and she damn near does.

Closing the door to her car, she gets in the driver's seat and buckles her seal belt. As she's pulling out of the lot, her phone starts ringing. She looks at it before tapping to answer.

"I'm still coming. I just got out of the gym. I'm on my way home right now."

"Alright. I was about to tell you that Mom wants to see you this week. She said she hasn't seen you in a couple weeks."

Alina looks at the date on her phone. It has been a good two weeks since the last time she went to visit her parents' house.

"Yeah, I've been busy. Tell her I'll come see her soon. I'll probably be over there on Sunday or Monday night for dinner."

"Okay. I'll let her know. Hurry up and get home so you can meet me at the store. You know I don't know what the hell I'm doing."

She laughs at her brother's nervous incompetence.

"Bye Jordan. I'll call you when I'm on my way."

She hangs up and shakes her head as she drives. It's him and his girlfriend's first year anniversary and he's been a mess for days. He knows what he wants to do, he just doesn't know how to execute it. Hence, where Alina comes in.

Every time she's needed by him, it's something girlfriend related. She's always happy to help. She loves Dana. She's a sweet woman and she loves Jordan with all of her. It's beautiful to see.