=TWENTY-NINE=

The smell of freshly mowed grass and subtle rain fills Alina's apartment. With the back door, front door and garage door open, all of the air from outside creeps into the house.

Hoseok watches with crossed arms and a hard look on his face as the man from ADT sets up the final alarm in Alina's security system. He called the morning after her house was broken into. The soonest that they could get the system set up was three days out.

So he waited. He and Alina stayed at the hotel in a nice suite. He went to work and she stayed in the hotel room. The first day, she was mostly quiet but explained to him happened. Initially, he started to scold her about calling him first. She should have called the police so they could get there quicker.

But she said she didn't think about anything. She just felt scared and he was the first person that she thought of. It's then that he realized just how much of a safe space that he is for her. It's cute but he still got on her ass. Anything could've happened to her and he'd have gone to jail that night about it.

The second day, while Hoseok was at work, Alina called her parents and Diamond to tell what happened. They were all worried but very grateful that he showed up and was there for her. She almost called Chase but then remembered that they aren't on speaking terms at the moment. She caught Diamond up about that as well.

On day three, today, Hoseok went to work as usual. It's currently his lunch hour and Alina is on Facetime with him. He changed the locks and got deadbolts for all of them while he was waiting for the security guy to show. Everything seems to be set up the way that it should.

Hoseok and Alina both listen in as he explains how the system works. He sets the code as the day they first met and she doesn't need to write it down. It's in her head forever.

After a few test runs of each door, the man clears the security checks.

"Alright. You guys are all set with the system. The code is set. If you ever have any trouble with it, just give the customer service line a call and they'll troubleshoot over the phone and send a tech out if need be."

"Alright, man. Thanks."

"No problem. Have a great day."

"You too." He says as he walks out of the house and down the steps. Hoseok closes the door after him and looks around. He cleaned everything up for her, every single room. The only things missing are some of her jewelry, a few of her handbags and the cash she had in the one she wears often.

The police said that it wasn't a targeted attack. Many houses around and on the block have been being burglarized. She lives on the outskirts of the suburbs and the outer city line. The people in this area are usually loaded. It makes sense that they'd be a target with rent as high as it out here.

"You need a safe, Lina. I told you that a long ass time ago." Hoseok says as he walks around, checking the security alarms again.

"I know. But I didn't think I'd use it... or need it."

"Everybody needs a safe. For one reason or another, everyone should get one." He states. Speaking of safes, he needs to get back to his.

"Okay. You're going to have help me find which one to get though."

"That's fine. Actually, don't worry about it. I'll buy it for you." He says as he locks the doors. He walks outside and gets into his car. He puts his phone on the mount and backs out of the driveway. They talk until he's almost to his house where he tells her that he'll call later, when he's out of work.

He parks in the driveway, gets out of the car and walks into the house. He takes his shoes off and walks upstairs. When he gets to the bedroom, he hears the shower running. He looks at the time and finds it suspicious that she's even home.