=TWENTY-SIX=

Hoseok's alarm goes off at six in the morning. He wakes right up and turns it off. Feeling well rested and energized, he gets up and starts getting ready for work.

He washes his face and brushes his teeth. He styles his hair, going for a wet look today. As he's putting his clothes on, his phone dings. He finishes getting dressed before looking at it.

Lina🤎: I'm off today so call me
on your lunch. Have fun at work.
But don't work too hard and overwhelm
yourself. Take breaks if you need to
and remember my kisses❤️

Hoseok smiles at the message as he texts her back.

If you're off, why are you up so early?
I'll call you on my lunch and remember
your kisses. Get some sleep, baby❤️

He puts his phone in his pocket and walks down the stairs. It's then that he realizes that Victoria wasn't in the bed next to him. He hadn't payed any attention to her spot.

She's making breakfast at the stove in her robe and slippers. He sets his shoes by the door before walking into the kitchen and grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge. He uncaps it and chugs it down.

Victoria side eyes him before fully looking. Usually, he'd speak to her or back hug her. He seems to be in his own world this morning.

"Good morning." She says to him as she plates the food.

"Morning." He opens the cabinet and grabs oatmeal packets.

"I already made your oatmeal." Victoria tells him. She puts the bowl on the counter and he slowly puts the packets back in the box. He grabs a spoon out of the drawer and turns around.

"Thanks." He grabs the bowl and stands at the counter to eat. He puts his phone down and goes through his emails. He replies to a couple of them, typing with one hand as he puts the spoon of food into his mouth.

"Can you sit down and eat with me? We said we'd be more present. I woke up to make you breakfast, the least you could do is-."

"I'm not hungry anymore." He says as he puts his mostly eaten oatmeal into the trash. Not wanting to listen to anything that she has to say, he rinses his bowl and spoon off before putting them in the dishwasher.

"Are you being serious right now?" She asks, in disbelief that he's acting the way that he is.

"Yeah. I have to go. I'll see you when I get home if you're here." Hoseok says as he walks past her. He puts his shoes on and walks out the door. Victoria sits there in disbelief. She scoffs as she looks at the meal she made for herself and his untouched bacon.

Shaking her head, she finishes her food then gets up from the table. She puts her dishes in the dishwasher and starts it before walking back upstairs.

Mumbling under her breath, she gets back into bed and pulls the covers up on her body. She turns on her side, facing Hoseok's side of the bed. She looks at his spot, neatly made. The box of condoms stares back at her.

She pulls her phone out to occupy but double takes at the nightstand. Sitting next to the box of condoms is Hoseok's wedding ring. Victoria looks down at her hand. She's wearing hers so that can't be the reason for his sitting there.

Her phone vibrates in her hand and she answers it. Nico's face comes into view on the video call.

"Hey, baby. How you feeling?"