=THIRTY-EIGHT=

The wind blows a hot breeze through the house as Alina tapes the last box closed. She looks around her apartment and sees all of the bare walls and and furniture. She's spent the last day and a half packing and getting ready to move.

Hoseok has called the security company and scheduled an appointment for later today to get Alina's service moved to the new apartment. He's also currently on his way with the moving truck to start getting everything from her place onto it.

By the end of the night, the apartment will be completely empty of her things. It will look like a brand new apartment, as if she was never even here. It feels like a fresh start, a new journey, a step in a different direction.

When Hoseok pulls up with the moving truck, he backs into the driveway with it. Alina watches him as he does, finding just the way that he backs a vehicle up attractive.

He parks and hops out. Another man gets out of the passenger seat and Alina looks at him. It isn't the one that she's met before.

"Hey, baby." Hoseok hugs and kisses her.

"Hey. Your son is peeing all over my lilies."

"He's been doing that." He says as he walks into the house. Alina's face shows her amused surprise.

"And you didn't tell me?"

He whistles for Shock's attention and he stops running around the backyard. He sees Hoseok and runs into the house.

"I was just gonna go to Home Depot and replace them when they died. I know you love your lilies. You'd never know the difference." He says and she narrows her eyes at him. She crosses her arms as he scratches Shock's back and runs his hand down it. His fur shocks him but he doesn't jump as much as he used to.

"... I don't know if that's terrible or thoughtful." Alina says skeptically.

"Then stop thinking about it." He says as his friend walks into the doorway. "Taehyung, this is my girlfriend, Alina. Lina, this is my best friend Taehyung."

She spins around and looks at him. "Hello. It's nice to meet you." She holds her hand out and he shakes it politely.

"It's nice to meet you too. Hoseok talks a lot about you. You're making him a very happy man despite the circumstances."

Hoseok puts his hands on his hips and looks at the floor as his face heats.

"Oh, really?" She turns to look at her boyfriend as her gaze softens.

"Yep. He's all smiles with you in mind."

"Okay. That's enough. Help me get these damn boxes." Hoseok changes the topic of conversation and picks up a box. Taehyung laughs as he walks further into the house.

Shock walks in a circle around his legs, sniffing him.

"Hey, bud." He scratches the dog's head. He moves to his back; Alina and Hoseok both cringe.

"Be careful. He's-."

Taehyung hisses and withdraws his hand.

".. a shocker." Alina finishes and Hoseok snickers.

"Hence, the name, Taehyung. We talked about this, as you so kindly pointed out." He says as he walks past him with a box.

"I thought it was an exaggeration." Taehyung says as picks up a box. Hoseok shakes his head as they start loading the truck up. Alina helps as well to speed things up. All of the things in the fridge and freezer are put in Alina's car when the moving truck is all packed up.

Hoseok and Taehyung follow Alina to the new apartment. When they get there, the security truck is also pulling up and there's a silver car pulled up as well. Hoseok's car in parked in the garage already. He brought it over before they got the moving truck to Alina's house.