90

HARRY POTTER

It feels surreal. It's over. The war is over. Voldemort is dead. We won. So why aren't I happy?

My parents, Cedric, Sirius, they are all still dead. I didn't expect winning to bring them back but hell, I thought it might make me feel the slightest bit better. Like yeah, they're gone. But at least it wasn't in vain. Or maybe it's because Fred is gone too. Along with Remus and Tonks, Parker, Lavender, Colin. Or maybe it's because my fucking sister is dead. The only family I had left. My twin fucking sister is dead. I don't know how to do this without her. I don't know if I want to.

"Harry," I looked up and Hermione was sitting down next to me. She handed me a cup of water and I just held it. "Harry, drink the water." she said. I just looked at her. "Why?" I asked. "Because you've been fighting all day. You can rest now," she said. "Mione, I can't do this." I said. "Harry-" she started. "No. Look around. Everyone is happy. And I get it. We won. But I lost everything." I said. I stood up. I looked around and I saw Malfoy and Nott sitting together by Snape's body. Draco had silent tears running down his cheeks. It just made me more angry. I walked over to him and he looked at me. "If you want to yell at me, can we at least go outside? These people deserve some quiet," he said. I glared at him and walked out. Nott and him followed me. Then Hermione and Ron ran out.  "Mate, this isn't what Caroline would want. She-" Ron started. "Don't fucking tell me what she would want. She is dead!" I yelled. Then I looked at Malfoy. "How can you live with yourself? Huh? She suffered for 7 months and you did nothing. And now she's g- gone and you get to live?" I yelled. He just stared at me. "Potter, you have no idea what you are talking about. When you face the kind of threats he does, there's going to be collateral damage. You of all people should know that," Theo said. "My sister is gone! Because of him!" I screamed. He paused. "Was she collateral damage?" I spat. "No. Not collateral damage, a hero. She saved everyone." he said. "Fuck you. She saved us. But not you two. You are going to rot in Azkaban, where you belong." I spat. Their faces paled. "Mate, Caroline said-" Ron started. I shot him a look. "Nott, you are going to be arrested and charged with rape and Malfoy, you are going to be arrested and charged with muder, use of cruciatus curse and deat eater activity. I'm going to watch you both get the dementors kiss," I spat. They just stared at me. They both looked terrified and a little sick. "Harry James Potter!" Hermione yelled. I looked at her. "What the hell is the matter with you? Theo tried to save your sister. And Mal- Draco loved her, probably even more than you. Do you really think sentencing the two people she loved most to death is a good way to honor her?" Hermione yelled. I was quiet. I looked at Malfoy. He was holding a ring on a length of chain in his hand. "I'm sorry," he choked out. A sob escaped his chest and he dropped to his knees. His body was shaking. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," he sobbed. Theo knelt next to him and hugged him. I stared at him and broke down too. Then I did something that shocked everyone. I hugged him. I hugged him and he went stiff. Then he hugged me back. "I loved her so much," he sobbed. I nodded. "I know. Me too," I whispered.

We went back inside and sat down. A few hours passed and nobody left. It was strange. "Nobody's moving," Ron said. "What are we supposed to do?" I asked. "I don't know. I don't know where to go, or what to do." Hermione said. "It's like- now that the war is over, what's our purpose?" I asked. Then I heard shouts coming from the hall. "Let him go, you prick!" Hermione, Ron and I stood up and ran out. Then McGonagall came out. I froze. There were aurors and they were arresting Malfoy. Theo, Enzo and Blaise were all shouting. "He didn't do anything!" Blaise yelled. "It's not his fault!" Enzo added. Draco was silent as they put magical handcuffs on him."Draco Lucius Malfoy, you are arrested under the authority of the Ministry of Magic. The charges are death eater activity and multiple counts of murder." he said. "You can't do this!" Theo yelled. "Where's my mother?" Draco asked. They started to pull him forward and he struggled. "Don't resist," the auror warned. "Tell me where my mother is and I'll go with you!" Draco snapped. Another auror walked over and whispered something in his ear. "Fine," the man grumbled. The other auror looked at Malfoy with a blank look. "I'm sorry to inform you, Mr. Malfoy but your mother is deceased." he said. That's when Malfoy lost it. He went apeshit. "What the fuck? What did you do to her? Where's my mother? Fuck you, you fucking bastard! I'll kill you!" he screamed. Theo ran over to me. "Potter, please help us," he pleaded. I nodded.  "Professor, we have to do something." I said, looking at McGongall. She nodded.