91

MAX DIGGORY

When I walked in, it was absolute chaos. Aurors were fighting to hold Draco and yelling. Draco was going batshit crazy and screaming about something. Theo, Blaise and Enzo were arguing. Harry was talking to McGonagall and I ran over. "Hermione, what the hell is happening?" I asked. "Where have you been?" she asked. I opened my mouth to speak and she spoke again. "Nevermind. We'll talk later. They're arresting Draco but they said his mom is gone. We just saw her a few hours ago." she said. I ran over and McGongall and Harry were talking to the aurors. "You can't arrest him. Please. I'll testify and I'll give a pensive of memories. He saved my sister's life." Harry said. "Caroline Potter is dead," the auror said. "Where's my mother, you fucking bastard!" Draco yelled as he fought their grip. "Calm down, mate. Calm down!" Theo begged. "No! Where is she!" he screamed. Then his body went limp as he collapsed to the ground, unconscious. I looked up and there was an auror pointing his wand at him. "Good eye, Redmond. We'll keep him stunned until he's locked up," the auror said. "What happened to Narcissa Malfoy?" Harry asked. The aurors looked at him. "You're Harry Potter?" the man said. "Yeah, welcome to the party. Where's Narcissa?" Theo spat. They sighed. "We were sent to arrest them. We found Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy in the woods. She was already dead," he said. "Did Mr. Malfoy tell you what happened?" Blaise asked. "Bellatrix Lestrange killed her. Apparently she betrayed the Dark Lord," he said. Harry's face fell. "She saved me. In the woods. She lied to Voldemort to protect me," he said. They just nodded. "May I ask what the process is for this sort of thing? I mean, you must know Mr. Malfoy is just a child." McGonagall said. "He'll be taken to Azkaban for processing and he'll be held there until his trial." the man said. "You can't fucking do this, it's not his fault!" Theo yelled. McGonagall walked over to Theo. "Listen to me, Mr. Nott. They have to take him and we have to let them. They will have his trial and we will all testify." she said. Tears fell to his cheeks. "Do you know what happens to them in Azkaban? He might not make it to a trial!" Theo snapped. "He'll be ok. They'll put him in protective custody." Harry said. Then the aurors levitated him out and apparated away. Theo screamed and cussed out everything and everyone. Then Blaise and Enzo just hugged him. He cried in their arms. "I lost Caroline, my parents, Cissy, I can't lose him too." he sobbed. That's when it hit me. Snape didn't say anything about Theo. As long as I wait until after he testifies, I can tell him sooner. I just hope he can make it that long without doing something stupid.

I told everyone I had to go see my parents and Harry told me to come to Grimmauld place if I needed anything. I went straight back to the cottage and when I got there, Caroline was asleep holding the mirror. I walked over and shook her gently. "Caz," I whispered. She sat up quickly and looked at me. "Did we win? Are they ok? Is he alive? Where's Harry? And Draco? And Theo?" she asked. "Slow down," I said. She nodded and exhaled a shaky breath. "We won. Voldemort is dead." I said. She smiled. "Now I need to tell you everything, but it's rough," I said. "It's alright. Tell me," she said. I nodded and began. She sobbed as I explained. I just held her.

3 DAYS LATER
HARRY POTTER

Eventually, everyone left Hogwarts. Hermione, Theo, Blaise and Enzo all came with me to Grimmauld Place. Ron decided to go to the Burrow with his family for a while. He needed time and I understood. Max went to his house to see his parents. For the first three days, Hermione just busied herself. Making plans, writing letters, checking on people. Blaise and Enzo spent a majority of the time talking Theo off the ledge and I just laid in bed, trying to figure out how to get Draco out of Azkaban. Not because I thought he really deserved it or because I particularly enjoyed his presence but because Caroline wanted it. And so hell, I'll do whatever it takes to help him.