Chapter 7: Revival

Six days earlier...
Leo's Pov
Heaving my sword in front of me, the last monster fell to the ground, dissolving in code. I fell to the earth as well, exhausted. The sun had risen. I had lived through the night. "Those mobs were......supernatural." I gasped, regaining my breath. I looked down at my left hand. It was dark purple with particles that seemed to be slowly eating up my arm. It swirled like a nether portal, darkening then brighting up again. "That can't be good..." I muttered. 

Regaining my composure, I stood and surveyed the area. The entire clearing was scarred with craters. Trees were on fire everywhere. Those mobs were not normal, Thats for sure. Some of them had wings and flew around attacking. Others were bigger then normal. I recalled a certain skeleton that had iron armor and weilded a diamond sword. That one was very hard to beat. I had probably fought at least 300 monsters. Some were ordinary. But the ordinary ones came in massive swarms. Their attack seemed to be coordinated, like they all had a battle plan.

I began walking out of the forest, armor very damaged or gone, health low, and energy down extremely low. 'How could they have planned their attack? They're just mobs.' I thought, passing in front of a scorched tree. It reminded me that I had lost Darian last night.

"Herobrine." I said, baring my teeth and remembering all that had happened last night. Lightning. Threats. Monsters. "This is his doing." I muttered, looking back at the forest that would soon burn to the ground. It was no use trying to stop it. I simply turned and continued walking.

Suddenly I was overwhelmed by a powerful aura. It blasted me and forced me down to my knees. "You have done well. Congratulations, Leo." Came the voice from in front of me. I knew that voice. I forced my head up to look. There he stood. Herobrine. His white eyes blazed through the sudden darkness he created.

"To defeat my personal destruction force which has taken down entire villages you surely have talent." He mocked. I tried to stand, to fight, anything, but I couldn't. I couldn't even talk. "But now I have to finish you off. Goodbye, Hoodie." And with that, a strange green portal that I've never seen before flared into existence in front of me, and Herobrine threw me through it.