Chapter 37: Finale

The group celebrated that night. They are hot baked potatoes, and steaming chicken. (Not Darth thankfully) They merrily drank buckets of milk and talked happily. At one point, Leo wandered away from the campfire to get away from the smoke.

He wandered into the forest, and found a nice little moonlit clearing. Sitting on a stump, he looked, contented, into the moon. All of a sudden a harsh stabbing pain in his left arm caused him to scream and leap up. It seared him, as if a thousand fires suddenly lit on his arm.

He fell to the ground in excruciating pain. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the pain subsided. Leo lay, gasping for breath on the dew covered ground, his arm throbbing. He pushed himself up with his right arm, carefully cradling his injury.

He worked into a sitting position on the ground. He held out his left arm gingerly to see what had happened. Even in the poor light he could clearly see glowing, pulsating, purple pixels moving on his arm. They swirled, similar to a Nether portal but different, up and down, back and forth.

Another sudden pain stabbed info his arm, causing him to scream again. This pain didn't last though, and he managed to see the purple pixels eat their way up his arm. Gasping for breath, Leo whispered to himself: "This isn't good..."