To the Past

Sasuke's POV

"Lea-chan?"

Naruto leaned over in Lea's face, blinking in confusion. He waved his hand before her face. "Lea-chan? What's wrong with you?"

I frowned, wondering the exact same thing. Once Horo had said where they were going, she had frozen. Her eyes even had this weird faraway look that was nothing short of disconcerting. Her animal stood beside her, looking concerned.

"Lea!" Kiba gripped her arms and a surge of anger went through me. What the hell did he think he was doing touching her like that?

"Lea? Lea! Come to your senses!" He was shaking her now and the anger that was swirling within me wouldn't allow me to stay still. I was before him in a second.

"Don't touch her," I growled, pushing him away.

"You can't tell me what to do," he growled back. His eyes shifted back to the frozen Lea then back to me. There was anger behind them.

I turned my back to him. "Lea?" I said gently, feeling a little weird about it. Gentle was not in my nature, but somehow, it felt imperative at the moment. "Lea, what's wrong with you?"

There was no response. She just stood there, staring blankly through me. I turned to Mami.

"What's wrong with her?"

Mami was staring at Lea. When she looked at me, there was hostility. "None of your business, human. Kindly step away from my master."

"Just tell me what's wrong with her so that I can help."

"There's nothing you can do to help."

"Then what can I do?" Kiba butted him. I sent him a death glare.

"There's nothing any of you can do! Now if you would please just step aside!" She hissed violently to get her point across.

I didn't want to step back. I didn't want to leave it all up to her. I wanted to help. Seeing Lea like this was terrifying! Emotions were running through me but the ones that I was most annoyed about was my anger, my concern and my jealousy. Jealous?! Of Kiba?! I must be stupid...

That's impossible.

After a moment, Kiba stepped back. I sighed silently and stepped back too, leaving it up to Mami.

The cat came before Lea. She propped her paws up on her shoulders and pressed her striped head on Lea's forehead. After a moment, the stripes began to glow.

"What's happening?" I heard Sakura ask me. I didn't know how to answer. I had no idea.

"Is it working?" Naruto asked.

Again, I had no idea.

Suddenly, Lea's eyes opened. Those red eyes locked unto mine immediately. They stared into me and I found that I couldn't look away. Granted I didn't want to look away. There was one thing in those eyes. Fear.

"Lea!" Kiba rushed forward and the connection was broken.

//

Lea's POV

Images zoomed past me, everything becoming a blur. I was going back, I knew. Back to those days.

I finally came to standstill. I came to a rest in a dark room. I instantly recognized where I was and when I saw myself sitting in the chair before the candlelight I knew I was right. I stared into the back of my head, watching as my shoulders shook from my crying.