Meet&Greet

Hey readers. Just wanted to say again that I do not own Naruto. And to be honest, although I love this part, writing it is such a pain. So there will be a little modifying. Happy reading.

The room where everyone met for the chunin exams was crowded. I had entered a little later than the others, really dreading going in. When I had first heard of the chunin exams and what it entailed I had thought nothing of it. I had no thought on it, really.

But now, as I stood before the building, my fear build slowly. What if I saw someone? People were coming into the village, right? This village was no longer only made up of its own villagers. Ninjas from every hidden village was here. Including, ones from the Land of Lightning.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself. If I took too long coming in then they might find it suspicious, and that was the last thing I needed.

As soon as I entered the noise bombarded me. Everyone was talking. I walked up to where my team was lingering behind.

"Lea-chan!" Naruto rushed up to me and everyone turned. All eyes were on me. "What took you so long?" I frowned at him. Had I really taken that long? Everyone was staring at me, waiting for an answer.

I gulped, feeling oddly out of place and nervous. "I was doing something. Don't worry about it."

He frowned and cocked his head to the side, looking at me weirdly. I looked away.

The only other persons who were there was Shikamaru and two others and Kiba, Hinata and a guy in a hood.

Shikamaru raised his hand in greeting. "Yo, Lea." I waved at him, my face in passive.

The girl near him crossed her arms, looking me up and down. "Who's she?" she asked. She was really pretty, with long blond hair and ice blue eyes. She was dressed in purple, which complemented her perfectly.

"That's Lea," Shikamaru said, sounding bored. The other guy squinted at me, his hand deep into a bag of chips.

"Lea?" he said. He was fat and he had briefs on his head. "I think I heard that name before. Lea ... Lea..."

"How do you know them, Lea?" Sakura asked me. I opened my mouth to answer but Shikamaru cut in.

"Lea, this is Ino and that's Choji." Ino continued to glare at me but Choji smiled and waved before resuming his eating.

"The party's all here then?" Kiba asked. Akamaru was still on his head and I was glad I was all the way over here.

"My name is Shino," the guy with the round glasses said. "Not that anyone cares."

I blinked at him. I wasn't sure if I should say hi or not.

"Hey, you guys should tone down." I sighed and turned to the direction of the voice. There was so many persons coming into the conversation it was too hard to keep track.

It was a silver haired guy wearing glasses. "You guys are rookies straight out of the academy but you sound like a bunch of screaming teenagers. I'm Kabuto but that's not just it. Look behind you."

I turned and my heart jumped into my throat. The other participants of the exams was so terrifying! They looked like monsters. I backed up, wanting to get away, and backed up straight into Sasuke. He held out his hand to steady me. I looked at him and he was smirking down at me.

"Scared?" he asked. My face grew hot immediately. His hands lingered on my waist and I got out of his grip as quickly as I could.

"Those guys are from the hidden rain," Kabuto continued. "They have short tempers and everyone's nervous about the exams. So tone down before you cause a scene."