Truth be Told

My hunch had been right. Sakura had definitely chewed me out, in front of everyone too, saying that it had looked bad disappearing like that and that everyone saw. I had given Sasuke an amused look as I sat there in stone cold silence waiting for her to finish. Why was I getting all the cursing and Sasuke got off free?

I chuckled darkly a bit as I made my way down the streets of Konoha. After that whole ordeal of running away crying, there was only one thing on my mind. Training. I wanted to forget everything that had happened. What better way than training until I fell from exhaustion?

Unfortunately for me, I had not thought to bring Machaera and my weapon's pouch. So I had to turn back.

"Where you heading off to, Lea-chan?" I heard someone say on my way back from home.

Sighing, I stopped. I really did not want to talk to anyone right now. I just wanted to get over to the training ground and do some freaking training, for God's sake.

Instead of answering whoever it was, I continued walking without turning around.

"Hey! Hey, didn't you hear me?" I heard their footsteps and shrunk back when Kiba and his cursed dog halted before me. "Didn't you hear me?" he repeated.

I brushed past him, refusing to even look at Akamaru. I felt my mood plummeted even farther than it was before. "Go away, mutt," I hissed as I passed.

"Hey, what's wrong with you? Why are you being so mean?" He ran up beside me, looking into my face as trying to find out what was wrong. I ignored him. I also ignored Akamaru's similar questioning yap.

"Go away," I repeated, hastening my footsteps. I didn't want to talk to anyone.

"No," he grabbed my arm and swung me around. My eyes widened in shock but before I could shout at him, he held up his hand. "No. Something's wrong and I want to know what it is. It isn't like you to be so mean, although you are 80% of the time, but not to this extent. What happened?"

I ripped my arm out of his hand with a hiss. "It's none of your damn business, mutt. Now go away. As a matter of fact," I picked up a stick, "go fetch."

I threw the stick as hard and as far as I could. Kiba glared at me and I returned it full force.

"That's insulting. You may have your problems but it doesn't mean you have to take it out on other people. No wonder people call you a bitch."

I could feel myself coming close to exploding. I couldn't stop myself from hissing, and in return, Akamaru growled at me. Kiba looked at him with confusion.

"I don't give a rat's ass what they say about me. I can do whatever the hell I want and there's nothing you can do about it."

Akamaru growled again and Kiba rubbed a comforting hand over him. "Something's wrong," he said. He looked at me, no longer angry but concerned. "Who messed with you? Was it Sasuke? I saw when that cocky bastard ran after you during the funeral. Did he say something to make you upset?"

He pounded his hands together and I saw anger in his eyes. It was so intense, it made me a little scared. "That bastard! I'm going to kill him! You hear that Aka? You find him, and I kill him. Deal?" Akamaru yapped in confirmation.

Kiba was just about to rush off but I grabbed his sleeve. I was not about to make anyone fight just because I couldn't keep my emotions in check. And besides, Sasuke would beat Kiba to a pulp. I may be going crazy, but I did not want to see the dog lover half-dead.

I sighed, calming myself. "It's not Sasuke. I'm sorry, I ... uh ... woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, that's all."

His blazing eyes calmed. I tried to manage a smile but I'm sure I looked more like a grimace. "You were so quick to attack Sasuke, though. Have a personal vendetta or something?"