It's All Coming Back To You

I woke with a jolt. I shot up in the bed then groaned, holding my shoulder. I was still in some pain. My body was covered in sweat but the cold air coming from the window made me feel cool.

With a shaky hand and maximum effort, I raised my hand to my head. What the hell was that? A Spheonix? Spirit animal?

Lea, who were you?

I had to get out of here. This room, no matter how spacious it was, was making me feel claustrophobic. I needed to get out of here and go get some fresh air. I had to wrap my head around everything that was happening to me.

It took me minutes to pull the sheet back and push my legs over the side of the bed. When I was done, I was already panting. Wow, this was going to take me ages.

But I definitely had to get out. I'll come back later or, at the very least, someone will find out that I'm gone and come get me. I can worry about all that later. For now, I need to concentrate on getting myself out of this bed and out of this room. Once I was out, I'll think about how I can get out of the hospital itself.

With a grunt I pushed myself off the bed and unto the floor. I made sure to keep one foot ahead of the other so that when my feet gave way, which I knew they would, I would be able to stay grounded. It worked. I held out my hands beside me for good measure.

"Okay, Lea, you've got this." That felt weird. Calling myself that. They said that was what my name was but still, I wasn't used to it.

I kept my hands out beside me as I slowly pushed on foot along the floor. Tsunade was right. I did need physical therapy. Each slow movement was painful and uncomfortable. It would probably take me hours to get to the door. Right now, it felt like an impossible task.

"Keep going, Lea. Keep going." I continued to push myself, calling my name over and over in the hopes of getting used to it. It still wasn't sitting well with me.

When I was halfway to the door, it began to get easier. My steps were surer, my breathing wasn't as laboured and the pain had subsided somewhat. It was still very uncomfortable but I could bear it now.

"Ahh, push it! Ahh, push it!" The air escaped my lungs with each step I took. I was almost there. Almost to the door.

"This place is so easy to get into."

"Probably because they think that no one knows about it. Ignorance is bliss, they say."

I froze. Who was that? I didn't recognize the voices but would I? They might be someone I had known before I had my memory wiped. Still, I couldn't let them see me out of bed!

"Which door do you think it is?"

"Try that one, I'll try this one."

Oh no! They were right in front of the door. I tried turning around and managed to get my back to face the door when it opened on me.

"Well, well, well. Would you look at that?"

I froze. I didn't dare turn around. Well, granted I couldn't.

"Sato, come look at this. The little demon was trying to get away." There was a laugh. More footsteps. Then they were standing right before me. "Where do you think you're going, little kitty?"

Don't call me that!

I blinked at them. I've never seen these two before. Why were they smirking at me like that?

The one who had been speaking looked me up and down. She had bright blond hair and large brown eyes. She was in a kimono robe that complemented her shape perfectly. The other person was a guy with blue hair and bright blue eyes. He was dressed in black from head to toe.