Finding Naruto

The Fourth Hokage's Legacy? Who the hell was that?

"Your target is the 'Kyuubi' inside of Naruto, isn't it?" Kakashi asked. I looked at him sharply then back at Itachi. The Kyuubi...? A tiny pressure settled on my chest as I stared wide eyed. What do they want with Naruto...? With the Kyuubi?

"You've begun to move," Kakashi continued. "You think we don't know? The name of your organization is 'Akatsuki', right?"

My mouth fell open. The Akatsuki? Where have I heard that name before? And why was that name putting so much fear in me? My hands were starting to shake.

"Kisame, take them out," Itachi ordered. "They need to die."

Kisame grinned and came charging. I sprang to my feet, ready to run, but before I could someone jumped in front of us and kicked at Kisame. It caused a big splash.

"What the-!" Kisame's face was shocked. "Who the hell is that?"

"The Leaf's prideful green beast." Guy came to his feet and made his signature pose. "Maito Guy."

"What the ... I mistook you for an exotic animal."

"Don't take that guy lightly," Itachi warned.

I swallowed and took a tiny step back. Then another. I was scared, I knew. I just didn't know why. That name ... Akatsuki ... there was something about it that made me want to run. And the fact that they were looking for the Kyuubi made it no better.

Kakashi toppled over. I froze, staring as his body sunk into the water. Guy picked him up.

"Guy!" Asuma shouted. "Don't look into Itachi's eyes. That's how the jutsu is done."

"I already know about that," Guy said, holding Kakashi's body over his shoulder. "The way Kakashi was fighting was done through the Sharingan. I've already taken into consideration how to fight him. Both of you, you can open your eyes."

I listened closely, still taking tiny, discreet steps back. "You won't be in any trouble if you only not look directly in his eyes," Guy continued. "You can use the reflection on the water to fight him."

"That's pretty smart," Asuma commented. "But there's only one person who can do it. You."

"You could say that. You must focus on his feet while fighting."

"What are we going to do now?" Asuma asked.

"Kurenai, take Kakashi and Lea and get to the medical centre." Guy handed over Kakashi's limp body to Kurenai. "Asuma will be my support." He faced Itachi and Kisame. "I've already called for reinforcement. For now, we'll take them on."

"Well aren't you brave," Kisame muttered, holding up his sword, ready to fight.

"Kisame," Itachi inputted. "Stop it. We didn't come here to start a war. This is nonsense. Let's leave."

"It's trouble, alright." Kisame looked a little sad that he won't get to fight but I was extremely happy. My wound had finally healed and now they were leaving. I couldn't stand the itch at the back of my neck with them near. He raised a hand in farewell and then they were gone.

We were still for a moment. It felt like the world had stopped. I sunk to my feet, my hands still shaking, my heart pounding. I was still tired but I didn't feel it anymore. Adrenaline was pumping through my veins.

Kyuubi...

Akatsuki...

Why did they want it? And why did I have this feeling it had something to do with me too?