Crushes

The preliminaries went on for a while. For the first time in a long while I wasn't feeling bored just sitting doing nothing. The fights were actually kind of interesting.

"Hey Lea," Sakura said coming up beside me. I mentally groaned. After walking off from Neji and Kiba I had isolated myself, not wanting to talk.

I didn't answer her. She looked at me a moment longer before sighing. "I know. I know. You're mad at me and I can't blame you."

I raised a brow. "What?"

"The way I have been treating you lately has been really cruel and I can tell it's been hurting you a lot."

I laughed to myself. "I'm not sure what you're talking about but even if I did, I know I wouldn't have been hurt."

Sakura shook her head and placed her hand on my arm. I looked down at it then back at her. She was looking at me with pity.

"I am really and truly sorry for how I've been treating you. Will you accept my apology?"

I stared at her like she was mad. I was beginning to believe that she was. I may not have many experiences with other people but I know that most aren't as psycho as she evidently is. "I forgive you, I guess."

"Yes! Now tell me. Do you like Sasuke?"

"If I like Sasuke ...?"

"Yeah! I mean, do like him, like 'I want to kiss him' like him. Be honest, I can take it."

I racked my brain to understand what she just said. "Uh, yeah sure I like him. He's my friend. Although not at first, cause he was really brooding and weird and I had no idea what his deal was. But now he has lightened up so I guess you could say that I do like him."

Sakura stared at me with her mouth hanging open. "Are you serious?" she asked.

"Yes, I'm serious. Why? What's the big deal?"

"THE BIG DEAL IS THAT I'VE HAD A CRUSH ON HIM FOR YEARS!!"

My brows furrowed. "A crush?"

"Yes! A crush! Don't act like you don't know what a crush is."

I was still so confused. "No, I don't."

She stopped and looked at me. "You don't know what a crush is?" She frowned a little, then cracked a smile. I just stared at her. "Hey guys, get this. Lea doesn't know what a crush is."

Ino, Temari, Tenten and Hinata walked over to us. They all gaped at me.

"What's the big deal?" I asked.

"The big deal is," Ino said. "Having a crush is one of the biggest and most important milestone in a girl's life. No girl ever forgets their first crush."

"I remember my first crush," Temari spoke up. "His name was Tonoki. He leant me a kunai once when I lost mine and I never stopped drooling over him until he migrated to the hidden rain."

They all smiled and giggled. My frown deepened. "I'm sorry but I still don't know what a crush is."

Tenten grabbed my hands and stared out into space with dreamy eyes. "A crush is when you like like someone. Having a crush is like being on top of a cloud."

"Like like?"

"Oh my gosh." Ino face palmed. "Was she always this dense?"

"Sadly, yes," Sakura answered.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?"

"See?"

Hinata giggled. "U-uh, well you know how Sakura is always fawning over Sasuke? And the way Ino flirts with Sasuke too? That's because they have a crush on him."