The Wave Country

"That was really cool what you did back there," Sakura said, falling back to walk with me. I shrugged. It wasn't anything special. I was surprised she was saying that to me though, and not to the raven haired boy walking in front.

"So was Sasuke," I pointed out, wanting to gauge her reaction. Her eyes turned dewy and she sighed, a smile gracing her lips.

"He was great, wasn't he? The way he took that guy out was awesome! Sasuke-kun is so cool."

"If you mean cool as in icy cool then I agree completely." Who wouldn't? The guy was a freaking iceberg.

"Yeah, he can be a little cold at times but that only adds to the charm."

"A charm I am yet to see."

Sakura huffed and pushed her face upwards haughtily. "You have no taste whatsoever. Next thing you know, you're telling me that you like Naruto."

I looked into the back of the idiot blond. "Well, he is cute ..."

Sakura squealed excitedly. It was so loud that everyone stopped and looked at us. Sakura waved them off. "Don't mind us. Girl talk."

Kakashi raised his brow and I briefly wondered what could be running through his mind. Naruto looked as curious as the proverbial cat. He continued walking but kept glancing back at us, no doubt wondering what we could be talking about. Sasuke's eyes narrowed slightly and he looked at Sakura then me before continuing.

"You like Naruto?!" Sakura asked me, whispering frantically. I frowned. What was the big deal?

"All I said was that he was cute ..."

"Oh my gosh! You do like him! I have to say though, I do not understand your taste in guys."

Taste in guys? Did she think I wanted to eat him? I looked at her horrified. "I have no taste for guys," I said quickly.

She looked at me curiously, then her eyes widened. "A taste for ... girls?"

"No! No."

She sighed. "What do you mean then? Or is it that you haven't had that talk yet? You know. The birds and the bees."

I looked at her blankly. Everything that came out of this girl's mouth sounded like gibberish to me. First she was saying I had taste for boys and now she's talking about birds and bees. What the hell was she talking about?

"Oh. You haven't then." She didn't say anything else after that. She looked uncomfortable. I was glad for the silence however. If that conversation had went on any longer I don't know what I would do.

"Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed suddenly. Everyone stopped.

"What is it, Sakura-chan?" Naruto asked rushing towards us. I stared at her. What was the problem now?

She pointed down on my arm. "Lea, you're bleeding."

I looked down to where she pointed and saw that my skin was cut open on the inside of my arm. It was oozing blood. Even under my untrained eye, I could see the cut pulsating. How had I not noticed before? Even now, as I stared at it, I felt no pain.

Kakashi made a thoughtful 'hmm' noise. "Looks like that guy got a swipe at you without you noticing," he said. He came forward and took my hand. "It's poison."

Sakura covered her mouth. Naruto stared at my cut with a mixture of awe and trepidation.

"You better heal her quick," Tazuna chirped in. "If she dies that's one less person to protect me."

I jerked my hand back before Kakashi could do anything. "It's fine," I said. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure, Lea-chan?" Naruto squinted at me. "It doesn't look fine to me."