Feelings Sparked

"Mommy?"

I reached my hand out before me, groping around in the dark. I know I shouldn't be out of bed. Daddy and Mommy would shout after me, but I just had a bad dream and the dark was scaring me.

I kept fumbling around until I reached the door. I stretched up, unto my tippy toes and turned the knob.

The hallway was quiet and the lights were dim. I stepped out from my room. Where was everyone? Where was Mommy and Daddy and the servants that are always running around? Why was everything so quiet? Were they playing hide and seek?

My heart leapt at the thought. I love hide and seek!

I ran out, running right past the little mirrors my mommy had put out for me. She always said I was a vain little girl and that it was both a good and bad thing. I didn't know what vain meant. I just knew I loved looking at myself in the mirror and playing with my white hair.

I kept running, leaving the memory of the bad dream behind. Maybe if I won Mommy would treat me.

I rounded the corner and stopped. The servants were all sleeping. One was bent over the back of the couch, his eyes wide open. I looked away. My best friend, Dan slept with his eyes open. Although not as wide as that, those looked almost scared.

Everyone else was sprawled out on the ground. There was red liquid everywhere.

"Mommy?" I called out, getting scared again.

A scream ripped through the air. I jumped, clutching my nightdress tightly. That sounded like Mommy. Was she in trouble?

Not stopping to think I ran to where the scream had come from.

"Mommy!" I shouted.

"Stop! Don't come nearer baby! Run!" Someone was holding her by her hair and he dragged. She screamed out in pain. "Run!" she said again.

"There she is," the man said. I whimpered and took a step back. He looked scary. "You finally came out of hiding."

"Run, honey!" Mommy shouted again. The man tugged on her hair again and something flashed in the night. I looked like a weird shaping knife.

"Let her go!" I screamed at him

The man laughed loudly. "If you're stupid father couldn't take me, you think you can!?" He laughed again.

"Honey, baby, run. Please." Mommy was crying now. I felt like crying too.

"Where's daddy?" I asked her.

"He's dead!" the man shouted at me and I flinched.

"Honey, don't listen to him, get away from here!"

The man made a weird noise. "I'm tired of you now." The knife flashed and my mommy dropped to the ground.

I screamed.

//

Sasuke's POV

The pain just wouldn't go away. I clutched my neck, gasping for breath. Sweat was running down my face and it felt like I was drowning in it. The ritual had felt like years and it felt like there were no results. The mark wasn't gone and the pain was as strong as ever.

I rolled over, looking up at the ceiling. I know I had gone crazy out there, but the power ... the power had felt so good. Do I really want this mark gone? This could mean a giant leap in my plan. Is it wise to get rid of it?