5♡

"hey baby, am sorry am late, has it already started?" Taehyung said walking up to Jungkook who just purchased a box of popcorn and drinks, "No, not yet, but we should head in soon, it's about to start". Taehyung picked up the drinks and they made their way into the cinema, tonight was movie night.

It has been a few weeks since they both started working, Taehyung's work was more demanding than Jungkook's, so they didn't get to spend as much time together, but the younger assured him that he didn't mind, since it's only for the next two months and they will have more time to spend together.

As often as he could Taehyung would always bring Jungkook some kind of present, the younger would try to convince him not to do so much , but to no avail. This was how Taehyung knew how to love, by giving Jungkook all the finest things money could buy, taking him to be best restaurants, that was his love language, or so he figured.

 Growing up, when his parents were still struggling to make ends meet, his mom almost left his dad because of how poor they were, " what else would be the reason"- he would think to himself, but soon after they managed to get back on their feet, his father finally becoming a doctor, everything was good again. Money surely fixed everything.

He knew his parents loved each other, but was love enough? no it wasn't, he saw that, he grew up with that. If his dad didn't worked hard to become as well respected as he is now, his mother would have left him, and would have probably ended up with some rich guy.

 So he needed to work, if he could work hard enough, he might get a bigger and better promotion, that meant more money, that meant making Jungkook happy. Even though Jungkook is from a well of family, he wanted to be able to do all these things for him, with his own money.

Now sitting in the cinema, he gave Jungkook's hand a little squeeze, "I love you" he whispered in his ear, the younger smiled at him, "yes, we have established that you cant get enough of me, now shush, it's starting"  the younger replied giving Taehyung's nose a little bop.

The notebook,  every couple of months, this specific  cinema plays some classic movies as part of their tradition, it was Taehyung's favorite, and seeing how busy he had been , Jungkook arranged for them to see it tonight. But a few minutes into the movie, Jungkook quickly realized, they wont be seeing much of the movie after all as he felt the elder's arm linger a  little bit too long on his thigh, his grip becoming firmer. 

"Was this your plan the whole time when you suggested we take the back row seats?" Jungkook asked looking up to the elder, "no, but now, I am glad I did" Taehyung replied in a raspy voice as he leaned over and started kissing the younger.

 It didn't take long for Jungkook to move from his seat and settle on Taehyung's lap, the movie long forgotten. "Mmmm" Taehyung hummed, "definitely glad I chose the back seat" placing his hands around the younger's  waist, who leaned down to kiss him.

They walked out of the cinema hand in hand, having decided that they should finish their little act at home, then suddenly Taehyung's phone rang. "Give me a minute to take this" Taehyung said excusing himself from Jungkook seeing it was a call from work. Jungkook watched from a distance as Taehyung's expression changed, was something wrong, he wondered.

Putting his phone back in his jacket, he walked up to the younger, Jungkook knew what was coming, given the apologetic look on the elder's face, that he had become so  familiar with ,  he knew . 

"You have to go" he said before Taehyung could say anything, "am really sorry, its...." he didn't get to finish when Jungkook cut him off, "it's okay, they wouldn't have called you past working hours if it wasn't important" the younger replied, trying to hide his disappointment. "We will still continue at home , yeah?" Taehyung asked, pulling the younger into a hug, "yes, I will wait for you" Jungkook replied. 

Taehyung kissed him goodbye before heading for the door, the younger had insisted that he needed to visit the bathroom so they didn't have to leave together.

Jungkook ran cold water on his face, staring at himself in the mirror, he wondered how long will it be okay, was love really enough to stay with someone when they weren't even there for you to love them in the first place? "No, stop thinking that" he said mentally slapping himself. After wiping his hands dry he headed for the door. Only to be blocked by some drunk guy, " uhm, excuse me" Jungkook said, trying to make room for the man to pass.

The man didn't move, he had a smirk on his face, as he took in Jungkook, taking time staring at him from his head down to his feet. Jungkook felt uncomfortable, the man didn't appear to be drunk as he first assumed, but he wanted to get away from him as soon as he could, but the man just  stood there looking at him, he raised his hand, running it up and down Jungkook's arm, "why are you leaving so soon ,I would like to get to know you a little, his voice was gruff and his  words were slow as he fixed his gaze on the younger.

Jungkook stepped back, making the man's arm fall to his side "am sorry, but could you please move from the door, I have somewhere to be" Jungkook said, internally calming himself, nothing is going to happen, nothing like that is going to happen again, he reasoned with himself. 

The man was about to take a step closer when the silence between the two was broken by loud noises approaching, it must have been a dozen of guys, the man finally moved from the door way, and Jungkook quickly walked out. He let out a deep breath he didn't realize he had held in.

He made sure to walk out without stopping till he reached his car, once settled, he took out his phone to call Taehyung, but stopped before he could dial "he is probably in a meeting right now" he thought to himself. 

He drove a short distance from the mall, he needed to calm down, there was no way he was going to drive home, with his mind so distorted. The closest place he could get to was a park, he go out of his car and settled on one of the benches.

Looking up to the stars he let his mind wander and be consumed by the beauty of the night, he can't think about that, he was better now, those thoughts didn't haunt him anymore, they didn't consume him anymore. "How pretty" he muttered to himself, "a can of beer would be great right now" he thought as he stood from the bench.

Hey there, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, things are picking up and I am excited, lol..so much going on in my head. 

Take care of yourselves, and those around you.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Love BunnyReads