36♡

Jungkook wouldn't have stopped sniffing his blanket if it wasn't for the very confused nurse that called him.

"Jungkook-ssi?" she called, very surprised as to why this very healthy looking patient was so focused on  sniffing his blanket like that, or did the blanket maybe smell bad, she wondered.

"Is everything okay, would you like us to change your bed sheets?" she asked, " uhm, no, no need to" Jungkook said seating up properly.

"Are you sure?" the nurse asked, not quite convinced with his answer. Jungkook thought for a moment. "Do you know if anyone visited me last night" he asked.

The nurse thought for a moment,  "uhm- I am not quite sure, the night shift nurses would know, but they knocked off already, and I don't remember a record of anyone coming in to see you last night" she replied.

Jungkook seemed to think for a moment, "did you by any chance hear if Mr. Kim was here? the ceo of..."

The nurse didn't let him finish when she suddenly remembered the night shift nurses gushing about the said ceo. She was new at the hospital so she didn't know much about Jungkook yet, besides the fact that he was the youngest son of the Jeons.

"Oh, yes, do you know him?" she asked beaming, "the nurses where talking about him this morning. I haven't met him in person yet, but i have seen him in the papers and he is so handsome" the nurse gushed as she trailed off about how handsome Taehyung was.

She suddenly noticed that Jungkook looked a bit down, "Jungkook-ssi, is everything okay?" she asked, "Yes, yes, am alright," Jungkook replied blankly looking at his bed.

He was sure, one hundred percent certain that Taehyung came to his room last night, he knew his cologne, and his body scent that mixed with it.

"What was the point of coming to see me when I am asleep" he thought to himself pouting.

**

"Jiho, can you please set up a meeting for me and the chairman today, check with his secretary what time he is free" Taehyung said.

"Y-yes sir" Jiho replied, surprised and relived that  her boss was coming back to work, without being asked to for that matter.

Taehyung sat in his study, he spent the whole morning revising all the pending documents that he had been avoiding for the past couple of weeks and replying to emails.

He thought of what his mother said before she left.
"No one if going to judge you or blame you for what you chose, if you feel like your work is your number one priority right now and you don't have time for a relationship, that's okay too, I just want you to be happy"

About thirty minutes passed and Jiho called him back informing him that the chairman will be available in three hours.

Taehyung completed the work he had to do and got ready to go to the office. He was oddly very calm, given what he was planning on doing.

He arrived thirty minutes early, greeting Jiho at her desk, who was beaming with joy. Why did her boos look like he had some glow about him, she wondered, but none the less, she loved it.

"Do I have something on my face?" Taehyung asked, seeing how Jiho was staring at him, "n-no sir, it's just great to see you sir" she said feeling a bit embarrassed, Taehyung simply chuckled and went to his office.

He stood looking around it, he loved, he loved it here, he loved his job. It brought excitement,  he enjoyed working with so many new people. He enjoyed travelling, sometimes. He just hoped that he was making the right decision. 

Soon there was a knock on his door, he is here.

"Oh, finally, we get to see you" the chairman joked as he walked in, he was very happy to see Taehyung. He was aware that he had been taking some time off work due to personal reasons, but it seemed that he was finally back now.